Issues with my second netduma

Himicane

My second netduma which was a replacement for the first, the WAN card failed, has been crashing multiple times a day for a week. Every time it would crash. I would have to restart my modem, my duma and my mesh system. So tonight I decided to factory reset it via the button on the back. Now the duma does not load. It does nothing. Cannot connect to the gateway. Nothing. I don’t know why the problem started. I love the features of the router but man. No shot I got two lemons right? Anyone have any suggestions on how to get back into the duma? @Netduma Fraser 

For the rest of the evening I’m gonna just connect to my wireless mesh system and have the duma powered off in hopes it’s caught in some loop. 

I don’t use the WiFi on the duma. It’s too weak for my home. It’s not the same issue I don’t believe. This time I straight up can’t log back into the duma. I’m about to power it on after leaving it unplugged over night. I’ll let you know if something changed. 

@Netduma Fraser so the duma booted up, i went through the setup process, and it is working. I'll let you know if it crashes again, hoping this isn't the case. 

a random aside. If I connect to the back of my modem to my pc, I'll have download speeds higher (by like 100mbps+) than if I am connected to the duma. Is there anything I should do to get to speeds closer to the modem? 

So I tried the solution you sent me @Netduma Fraser and it’s been about 36/40 hours. And the first 24 I had to reset the network once after it crashed and in the last 12-16 hours it’s crashed 3 times. Nothing in out network has changed in for months and the issue popped up recently. Any additional ideas for trouble shooting? 

6 hours ago, Himicane said:

So I tried the solution you sent me @Netduma Fraser and it’s been about 36/40 hours. And the first 24 I had to reset the network once after it crashed and in the last 12-16 hours it’s crashed 3 times. Nothing in out network has changed in for months and the issue popped up recently. Any additional ideas for trouble shooting? 

Is this on the hotfix firmware? Did you factory reset the R2 after installing the hotfix?

Were you able to get to the DumaOS interface while it had crashed or did you have to reboot before you could do this?

32 minutes ago, Himicane said:

Yeah I factory reset before the hot fix. 

I have to reboot the router before I can do anything 

Did you reset after the hotfix? We only suggest this as it can occasionally clear out low-level code from previous firmwares.

Are all devices losing connectivity? Both wired and wireless? 

I have not factory reset a second time after the hotfix. I will do that today. Would you suggest, I factory reset two times in a row and then hotfix? 

All devices lose connectivity, the wifi goes first, then the wired, soon after if I do not reset the router

42 minutes ago, Himicane said:

I have not factory reset a second time after the hotfix. I will do that today. Would you suggest, I factory reset two times in a row and then hotfix? 

All devices lose connectivity, the wifi goes first, then the wired, soon after if I do not reset the router

I'd suggest resetting after the installation of the firmware rather than before, I wouldn't worry about resetting twice in a row beforehand. It's just a case of making sure you're starting from a clean slate with the new firmware.

Do you have much of a time window before wired devices disconnect? Do you think you'd have time to get to the DumaOS interface and grab a log file from System Information? Unfortunately it'll only be helpful doing this prior to rebooting as the logs will be cleared on the reboot.

10 hours ago, Himicane said:

It’s connected to the cable modem. Yes I have access to the interface 

OK, when this issue occurs again could you please go to System Information and download a log file from the three-line menu in Logs? Once done, send that over so we can see what might've caused the issue.