R1 Internet Speed deviation

Psychotic_Force

Recently I have noticed that my speeds from speedtest.net have been slower that usual. My set up is my R1 connected to my ISP Modem then my laptop connected via cat6 to the R1 and the R1 is running v 3.0.207. My download speed should be 250 Megabits per second but a few weeks ago, I noticed my speeds had been settling around the 180-200 Mbps range (all tests have been done on speediest.net to my ISP server). I rebooted my R1 numerous times and that moved my speeds up to 200-220 Mbps. Like any enthusiast, I thought it was my ISP but after connecting to my modem, I have consistently gotten a full 260 Mbps on every test. QOS is turned off, I set my bandwidth on the router to 250, 300,1000 but none of the speed setting had an impact on my speeds. Any ideas on what may be causing the issue/ what can be done about it? 

Welcome to the forum!

If you run a Connection Benchmark, do the speeds reported there match up with what you're seeing through speedtest.net?

How did you turn off QoS, did you set it to 'Never', or did you tick 'Disable QoS' from the three-line menu in Congestion Control.

34 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Welcome to the forum!

If you run a Connection Benchmark, do the speeds reported there match up with what you're seeing through speedtest.net?

How did you turn off QoS, did you set it to 'Never', or did you tick 'Disable QoS' from the three-line menu in Congestion Control.

Hey Liam,
I completely missed the disable button in the 3 line menu. I had it set to "Never" but disabling it did fix the issue. Do you know why the "never" option does not have the same result as disabling it? When I set my speed to 1000 why is it throttling my connection at 200? And lastly, why is my upload speed unaffected by any of this (upload speed was always at 60Mbps and 60 is what it should be, so no throttling there) ? Regarding the connection benchmark, the R1 shows a speed of 100Mbps but I assume that is due to me living in the Caribbean and the server which is being used is far off and has some speed limitation along the way.

Thanks again for the help, I feel so stupid that I mistook the "Disable" button as setting it to "Never". Perhaps add the disable button to that main menu?

It's an odd behaviour with QoS where even when set to never, throttling can still be applied occasionally. We're looking into a fix for it don't worry!

It's interesting that your upload never seems to feel these limitations, though it might just be because it's not as high speeds as the download, if it were also around 200mbps I believe you'd notice it then too.