warzone Geo-Filter Italy

Erik

Hi, I have a netduma r2 and would simply like to understand what is going on.
I am in Italy and I struggle to find lobbies on warzone. The seek time is long and in lobbies it stops at a ping of less than less than 27ms and does not go up.
After about a minute he finds the match, in the game I have 25-30 ms but in the fights I am always at a disadvantage, from the lkillcam you can see that my shots do not start even if I shoot first. Whoever I am killed has a ping always above 50-60 ms, it seems as if the server penalizes whoever has the lowest ping.
Where am I doing wrong? Do I have to change Geographical area? despite selecting only Italy, however, it gives me the server in Holland.

Thank you

image_6487327.JPG

• Administrators

Hello, welcome to the forum!

The server in Italy is not always available, I would recommend you expand the radius a bit more to get some other servers. The server in Holland is an authentication server required for online play - it is not the game server. What QoS settings are you using?

• Administrators

I would suggest lowering upload to 70%, reset Bandwidth Allocation and remove all the rules you've made for Traffic Prioritization - they're barely prioritizing. Add the device with the Games Console service and it should work better.

11 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I would suggest lowering upload to 70%, reset Bandwidth Allocation and remove all the rules you've made for Traffic Prioritization - they're barely prioritizing. Add the device with the Games Console service and it should work better.

dumaos games do I have to keep it on? where should i add game console as a device? pc game. Thank you

2 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You can keep DumaOS Classified Games disabled. On Traffic Prioritization, add the device and in the services that appear select Games Console, that will then prioritize the game for you.

ok thanks, one more question, ping assit, do I insert value 0 or not? in the geo filter I kept a small circle to try to play with as many Italians as possible, as I increase it I find less and less. Is it normal after entering your changes to have less bandwidth in the game? (normaly: 4120000 kbps) I am attaching the screen

unnamed_(1).jpg

4 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

As you reduced the upload then yes that would be reduced but you have way more bandwidth than you need. I usually recommend 0 for Ping Assist. You can't influence what players get in your games, only the servers you play on

OK thank you. Already known of the improvements in the game. Traffic Prioritization game console now works much better than single orts before.
3 hours ago, Erik said:

Hi, I have a netduma r2 and would simply like to understand what is going on.
I am in Italy and I struggle to find lobbies on warzone. The seek time is long and in lobbies it stops at a ping of less than less than 27ms and does not go up.
After about a minute he finds the match, in the game I have 25-30 ms but in the fights I am always at a disadvantage, from the lkillcam you can see that my shots do not start even if I shoot first. Whoever I am killed has a ping always above 50-60 ms, it seems as if the server penalizes whoever has the lowest ping.
Where am I doing wrong? Do I have to change Geographical area? despite selecting only Italy, however, it gives me the server in Holland.

Thank you

image_6487327.JPG

which range do you recommend to use in the geo filter? do you advise me to change location? moving further north?

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Glad to hear that! We usually recommend at least 1000km - that should include the two servers above you and get you faster games with a good ping but basically yes, allow some servers from the north.

ok now the search is actually faster.  I must say that the “shoot first died first” problem is solved a lot;  now in the kill cam you can see the shots entering the enemy.  before I had 50..60..70 of Ping in game, now 30..40.  having a FWA connection I can only be satisfied.

one thing: if I force the filter only in Italy I see the server appear in Italy, otherwise if I expand the filter in Northern Europe too, it disappears and is no longer displayed.  it's normal?  I have the doubt of being a host if I select Italy because I find myself with a Ping of 18-25 max or at least "active" a server in Italy.

11 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Glad to hear that! Yes that's normal, it won't always appear when booting up the game but you can still connect to it if it is available 

ok, what about this option? Do I leave it like this or do I delete everything?

port forwarding.JPG