Wrong home location

Guest Netduma_Iain

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi,

If your router has just given you a wrong location AND its not in Australia. Please just post here and say "Here" or whatever. I'll personally put your info in our cloud and it will update itself automatically :)

Thanks

Does it randomly move you? I am in the US on the West Coast in Southern California. I moved it this morning towards Nevada or Utah I think.

Well I guess my new home place is around Seattle, Washington :lol: So much for living in virginia ;)

The rain helps to wash away the blood of your enemies.

I'm in Oregon, but my Duma wants me to live somewhere smack dab in the middle of the country. I drag it up to the pacific northwest, but it is insisting I move. Halp.

Oh, I don't know if I've tried moving my location since I updated to .6 a few days ago, I'll try that whilst noob smashing tonight.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Ok I think when it does a cloud update it gets very confused. Because you're IPs are all fine. It won't make a difference to your game don't worry. I've just been doing many cloud updates recently hence why you keep seeing your location move.

Don't worry just move your homes as usual please  :)

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi

I won't announce it till I've got the solid version working. The experimental one is working though so in theory it should work as the prototype is :) 

Ok I think when it does a cloud update it gets very confused. Because you're IPs are all fine. It won't make a difference to your game don't worry. I've just been doing many cloud updates recently hence why you keep seeing your location move.

Don't worry just move your homes as usual please  :)

You home wrecker you!  ;)

Let me share a weird one with you, I'm in Australia and it put me in the United States. lol

It's ok now as soon as I set it up. I had to move it away from Melbourne as most of the radius would have been in the water otherwise. :)

HtC1pAV.png

Guest Netduma_Iain

Ok regulator if it continues to move itself let me know. I'm looking into the cause.

Don't worry about being extremely accurate with your home-location. As long as you're near you'll get the full benefits. 

EDIT: It is supposed to store it, but I guess its doing some weird lookup on cloud updates. On my & Frasers router we're not seeing it thats how it slipped through our minor testing in v1.02.6.

Archived