cold war season 6 lag & cheaters

Jackal235

Since the release of the battle pass 6, I noticed big lag increase in my games.

Even when playing on low ping servers (25ms) I'm getting killed by the enemies, which I can't even see in front of me.

Also, some of them seem to know exactly my position, tracing me behind the walls, begin shooting before I even come out.

When trying to report them, they don't even appear to be in the enemies team or in the recent players list.

I'm playing on PS5 with cross play disabled. Because the game is almost 1 year old, I can explain the lag with the fewer number of players, being matched together around N. America.

However...cheaters on PS network? - unless they letting PC players now regardless the cross play settings?

Any comments appreciated. 

• Administrators

Its actually more likely to happen when there are a lot of players as the servers get overwhelmed, given the new season that does make sense. Regarding potential cheaters or playing cross play that's not something we can help with. If you're seeing a low ping on the Geo-Filter but the in game ping is over 30 ms higher then indicates it is under load and you may have a better experience forcing a different server.

On 10/17/2021 at 9:17 AM, Jackal235 said:

Since the release of the battle pass 6, I noticed big lag increase in my games.

Even when playing on low ping servers (25ms) I'm getting killed by the enemies, which I can't even see in front of me.

Also, some of them seem to know exactly my position, tracing me behind the walls, begin shooting before I even come out.

When trying to report them, they don't even appear to be in the enemies team or in the recent players list.

I'm playing on PS5 with cross play disabled. Because the game is almost 1 year old, I can explain the lag with the fewer number of players, being matched together around N. America.

However...cheaters on PS network? - unless they letting PC players now regardless the cross play settings?

Any comments appreciated. 

if your on ps5 and cross play is disabled then you are just playing with demons not cheaters, there is no cheats (Hacks) for console, thats PC only

PC hackers can change their icon ton console or controller but if you have cross play disable then your on sony's network only, same thing for xbox if cross play is disable its Microsoft network only

for the whole cant find their name thing, i noticed alot of people play with streamer mode enabled and that changes there name in game, why you cant find them on the recent player list cause the recent player list shows there real ID name. Most people are turning this on not knowing what it does

for the lag and hit detection that's a whole different topic you need to just search the forums and try dialing in your connection with your location

22 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

if your on ps5 and cross play is disabled then you are just playing with demons not cheaters, there is no cheats (Hacks) for console, thats PC only

PC hackers can change their icon ton console or controller but if you have cross play disable then your on sony's network only, same thing for xbox if cross play is disable its Microsoft network only

I'm not sure, who are you referring to as "demons" and I disagree with no console cheats (Hacks) statement.

Anything can be hacked, it's just the matter of resources. PSN itself was hacked and shut down in  April/May 2011.

As of console cheats, they're not as easy as PC's but still there. Some examples:

-Cronusmax device

players can run custom scripts on them improving aim assist, recoil, rapid fire, who knows what else?

-jailbraking        

which basicaly allows to run anything on the consoles

- Packet editing for online games, 

a Packet editor will be connected between the PS4 and the Internet in order to change the data that is being sent from your game client to the game server and vice versa, allowing you to send fake data to the server and gain advantages.

Edited by Netduma Fraser
Removed links

10 hours ago, Jackal235 said:

I'm not sure, who are you referring to as "demons"

Demons = externally cracked / good players

10 hours ago, Jackal235 said:

I disagree with no console cheats (Hacks) statement.

Anything can be hacked, it's just the matter of resources. PSN itself was hacked and shut down in  April/May 2011.

As of console cheats, they're not as easy as PC's but still there. Some examples:

-Cronusmax device

players can run custom scripts on them improving aim assist, recoil, rapid fire, who knows what else?

-jailbraking        

which basicaly allows to run anything on the consoles

- Packet editing for online games, 

a Packet editor will be connected between the PS4 and the Internet in order to change the data that is being sent from your game client to the game server and vice versa, allowing you to send fake data to the server and gain advantages.

I know, if you want to dm me ill brake it down for you but i will not post this info in a public forum for anyone to use the information to actually cheat

PSN network getting hacked is completely different the hacks for call of duty on console lol

cronus can only make semi auto weapons into full auto and help eliminate recoil but cronus zen, max and titine usb does not have aimbot

On 10/20/2021 at 5:01 PM, TODDzillaInLA said:

for the whole cant find their name thing, i noticed alot of people play with streamer mode enabled and that changes there name in game, why you cant find them on the recent player list cause the recent player list shows there real ID name. Most people are turning this on not knowing what it does

for the lag and hit detection that's a whole different topic you need to just search the forums and try dialing in your connection with your location

Xbox players cannot disable crossplay that feature is available exclusively to PlayStation players 

32 minutes ago, zman1156 said:

Also, at the current time there is no functioning streamer mode. The feature is there but doesn't really work how it should. 

it works i use it daily

twitch.tv/toddzillainla

it changes my name on recent players and it changes the names on my screen of my teammates, there names on recent players will only be changed if they enable it them selfs on there end

MW MP & WZ and CW it works for all 3. you can check my vlogs to confirm

On 10/22/2021 at 11:17 AM, TODDzillaInLA said:

it works i use it daily

twitch.tv/toddzillainla

it changes my name on recent players and it changes the names on my screen of my teammates, there names on recent players will only be changed if they enable it them selfs on there end

MW MP & WZ and CW it works for all 3. you can check my vlogs to confirm

It does work but not exactly how streamer mode works in other titles. I wont get in depth about it but you can look it up on YouTube. Many of the top warzone streamers are always dealing with stream sniping and that sort of stuff. Nickmercs, timthetatman and DOC have all talked about streamer mode and stream sniping in warzone. just look it up on youtube or google. 

• 1 year later...

Cheaters are everywhere nowadays; they’ve infiltrated the gaming world, and it’s so hard to fight them. The anti-cheat firewalls are not that effective, and the temptation of getting everything right away makes a lot of people choose the cheating path.
So, be careful out there. Don’t communicate with them, and don’t accept anything from untrusted sources, especially links, because it can be fishing. You can read more on latesthackingnews.com about the methods gaming hackers can use to get access to your PC or to your in-game account. Being careful is the main way to stay safe.