Adding Repeater or Bridge

Wahlies

I have been trying to add my old router, Netgear Nighthawk R7000, as a WiFi extender to the Netduma R2.  First, I tried as a repeater, but could not get the Netduma and R7000 to communicate with each other.  I am assuming this was on the Netduma R2's side because the R7000 has features for both as a repeater and bridge.  So then I tried setting up as a bridge, however when I did that the Netduma R2 locked up and had to do a factory reset every time I tried to bridge the R7000 to the Netduma R2.  Is the Netduma R2 able to have a repeater or bridge added to it?  Any suggestions?

However, I have flipped the routers, so the Netgear Nighthawk R7000 is the base router and have basically used the Netduma R2 as a bridge (no WiFi: wired to Netduma R2 wired to 2 PS4s) with success.  Becuase we can certainly see a difference in game play with the Geo-Filter Rapp.  I know this technology will be sought after, once people experience it in their gaming situations.

Thank you,

• Administrators

Not had anyone specifically try it with another router but here is a guide that should get you working https://kb.netgear.com/24108/How-do-I-enable-the-extender-mode-feature-on-my-Nighthawk-router there is no reason it couldn't work but you'd likely need to disable Mirror Mode on the R2.

• 1 month later...
On 10/10/2021 at 11:01 AM, Newfie said:

Hi, I'm doing that right now!

I'm using my XR1000 as my primary router and adding a "Generic WiFi6 Router 😉" I have on AP mode.

The issue I'm having is, now in the Device Manager are a lot of Unknow Devices. I'm asuming are my phones when I connect to the different SSIDs.

Is there a way that the DumaOS can indentify the devices per Mac?

image.png.941cbe9bc9a047d0f7e3890b07b9ffc7.png

• Administrators

As they're connected to another router in AP mode it can be difficult for the router to tell what they are. You can look on the devices themselves at the MAC addresses and then match them with the MACs of the unknown devices and then rename them.

7 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

As they're connected to another router in AP mode it can be difficult for the router to tell what they are. You can look on the devices themselves at the MAC addresses and then match them with the MACs of the unknown devices and then rename them.

The real issue is, the same device multiple times