DNS Server not responding/WAN IP Disconnected.

chunkylove

Hello, I disconnected the r2 from power monetarily to rearrange things at my desk. Once powered back on, I was getting no internet/DNS_PROBE_POSSIBLE errors on Chrome. When I open DumaOS, I get no WAN IP

Checking on my ISPs end, my service is working. Connecting PC directly to Modem (Netgear CM1200) gives internet access. As soon as I introduce the r2 to the equation, POOF. All LEDS are green on the modem, all LEDs are lit on the duma (except for the two Ethernet outs that aren’t in use)

I have tried -

30 min Power off for both Duma and Modem

Duma factory reset

Disable IPv6, Reboot router, reenable IPv6, reboot router

Every Ethernet cable I could get my hands on (all verified to work for gigabit speeds direct from modem)

Every Ethernet out on the router

2 different PCs connected direct to Ethernet .

Please help, I’m not the most tech savvy guy out there but these are routers for Christ’s sake. There’s no reason I shouldn’t be able to reset, plug in, and have internet at the very bare minimum.

2 hours ago, chunkylove said:

Hola, desconecté el r2 de la energía monetariamente para reorganizar las cosas en mi escritorio. Una vez que lo volví a encender, no recibía errores de Internet / DNS_PROBE_POSSIBLE en Chrome. Cuando abro DumaOS, no obtengo una IP WAN

Verificando el extremo de mi ISP, mi servicio está funcionando. Conectar la PC directamente al módem (Netgear CM1200) brinda acceso a Internet. Tan pronto como introduzco el r2 en la ecuación, POOF. Todos los LED son verdes en el módem, todos los LED están encendidos en la duma (excepto las dos salidas Ethernet que no están en uso)

Yo he tratado -

30 min de apagado tanto para Duma como para módem

Restablecimiento de fábrica de Duma

Desactivar IPv6, reiniciar el enrutador, volver a activar IPv6, reiniciar el enrutador

Todos los cables Ethernet que pude conseguir (todos verificados para funcionar a velocidades de gigabit directamente desde el módem)

Cada Ethernet en el enrutador

2 PC diferentes conectados directamente a Ethernet.

Por favor, ayúdenme, no soy el tipo más experto en tecnología, pero estos son enrutadores, por el amor de Dios. No hay ninguna razón por la que no pueda restablecer, enchufar y tener Internet al mínimo.

from what I gather you have access to R2 and you can configure it, right?

From what it describes it is as if the router of your ISP did not give you an IP address through its DHCP. Did you have an IP address reserved for R2 on your ISP router?

What you can try to do is, on R2 go to the Network settings tab, then in the right panel click on the Network tab, then select where it says static and put the IP address, the subnet mask and the door of your ISP router's network link in DNS put 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

a greeting

5 hours ago, titofuenla said:

from what I gather you have access to R2 and you can configure it, right?

From what it describes it is as if the router of your ISP did not give you an IP address through its DHCP. Did you have an IP address reserved for R2 on your ISP router?

What you can try to do is, on R2 go to the Network settings tab, then in the right panel click on the Network tab, then select where it says static and put the IP address, the subnet mask and the door of your ISP router's network link in DNS put 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

a greeting

I did have access and I tried what you suggested but to no avail.

Luckily, after a bunch of manual troubleshooting I was able to figure it out.

What worked for me was leaving the r2 on and connected to the modem. Then unplugging the modem from power for 10 minutes and repowering while still connected to the r2.

It was strange because no other order of rebooting the devices worked at all. Even performing and ISP reboot of the modem while connected to the r2 didn’t work. It had to be a manual reboot while still connected to the powered-on r2.

Thank you guys for the suggestions though. I was beginning to pull my hair out but it seems to be a modem thing and not a router issue so I apologize for any whining I did haha.