Duma OS and Safari

BL4CK OPS V3TRN

Hi All 

Not really a router issue of sorts but I need help or suggestions , up until yesterday the desktop version of the OS worked perfectly on Safari and MacBook Pro . Last night I upgraded to safari 15 and I have script issues and the web page does not not load , or its does briefly and crashes . Logged on with my iPad and it runs perfectly with no script issues . Same with my daughters windows lap top . I have attached a couple of images, I know  really it is not an issue for the Duma gang and more likely safari but I can't find anything online and wonder if anybody else had experienced this issue over the last couple of days .BTW Safari 15 works perfectly with all other websites I usually use  .

Screenshot 2021-09-22 at 19.59.47.png

Screenshot 2021-09-22 at 20.01.24.png

• Administrators

Probably something we'll need to look into but can you clear the cache/cookies and reload the page and see if it works. Also make sure it's not trying to force the interface to connect via HTTPS, if so use HTTP and see if that sorts it.

• Administrators

Okay so I had a look at Safari 15 and they have included a feature to force HTTP to use HTTPS. This could mean that even specifically typing HTTP it might be overriding you. Could you take a look at the options on the browser and see if you can disable that and then try again please?

14 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay so I had a look at Safari 15 and they have included a feature to force HTTP to use HTTPS. This could mean that even specifically typing HTTP it might be overriding you. Could you take a look at the options on the browser and see if you can disable that and then try again please?

So I have the same issue, and have looked for a switch to see if I can turn something off, though there doesn’t appear to be one, I have flipped them all and nothing changes.

I realise this is not a Netduma issue, and mainly I am posting here because I thought I could let Black Ops VetRN know the out put from that question. (Sorry if I miss quoted you Fraser).

Router login issue after Safari Version 15.0 (16612.1.29.41.4, 16612) was installed.

Does anyone know why I can’t log into my routers interface on safari Version 15.0 (16612.1.29.41.4, 16612)? This happened after the latest update. Other browsers (Google Chrome etc.) all still work.

I have been told that this is due to HTTPS being forced. Is there a fix for this, or something I can turn off in preferences?

On 9/24/2021 at 3:10 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for sharing that, please do keep us updated on any responses you get and whether if you manage to disable it fixes the issue

The is the only response I have had so far: 

Router login issue after Safari Version 15.0 (16612.1.29.41.4, 16612) was installed. 

There have recently been many reports of new problems with Safari. It seems that the recent Safari update has issues. Word has it that Apple knows about the problems and is working on a fix. I assume that it will be released fairly soon. In the meantime, use another browser such as Firefox or Chrome and they should work for you. Also, there are reports that reinstalling Safari and restarting the computer has resolved issues. I hope this helps.

I should have expected that would be the case!