Packet loss

Hi just wondering why i have packet loss also when my geo filter is in spectating mode i still cant see my friends in the party also my peer icon is never accurate if im right Halo is peer host when playing social as it only shows peer connection it seems its not dedicated when in social or custom.

2 hours ago, Rickyrocks said:

Hi just wondering why i have packet loss also when my geo filter is in spectating mode i still cant see my friends in the party also my peer icon is never accurate if im right Halo is peer host when playing social as it only shows peer connection it seems its not dedicated when in social or custom.

Where are you seeing high packet loss? Do you use QoS?

The icon you're seeing in Geo-filter is probably a chat server, even if it shows a peer icon. Which Halo are you playing? Very few games are still peer-to-peer.

ok guys sins i done this new update people are teleporting and i am getting crazy packet loss on Xbox series X i have had engineer round and all been installed new and no luck i also noticed putting xbox into static is not good for the geo filter can i ask why it doesn't even show on device as an Xbox when in static instead i done a reservation should i be doing this instead also should i use open setting on the nat filter section in wan settings seems like refreshing UPnP does work but on for while 

I just put up these setting a little and seeing improvements after 6 tests o packet loss will give you update to see if its worked also can you let me know if i am ok doing this .......ok afte 8 test i got packet loss of 1% again .

Screenshot (29).png

i be honest i am not having a good time on halo 5 and i am a high skill player been getting bullet lag allot but i have been doing all different types of testing and the one i have had most success is using ethernet port 2 and for some reason i very rarely get any packet loss but on the others its mostly 1% and yes people teleport and i have had engineers round and all testing fine .

19 minutes ago, Rickyrocks said:

will have to confirm but from what i can see its faulty ports i have changes cable and distance and same packet loss of 1% and 4% etc also had 70% at one time 

OK, thank you for confirming. How do you currently have QoS configured? Can you send over a screenshot perhaps?

• Administrators

Where are you measuring the packet loss exactly? What is the average ping shown by the Geo-Filter and the game?

Best to set a static/reserved IP on the router, not the device. If you have an Open NAT already there is no need to change any NAT related settings

Reserving the Mac address is best as the router recognizes the Xbox with its name

This is the ping in my Customs Halo 5 i guess its peer and why am i in Holland. or is it the Holland dedicated i dnt think so ! lowest ping is the average 

Screenshot (35).png

Screenshot (36).png

Screenshot (30).png

Just to let you know 1% packet loss is big in Halo5 im in port 2 and dnt get packet loss all-most at all so why are my ports broken and who going to sort them out lol

So been searching in social and this is what it looks like just done a factory reset also

Screenshot (41).png

Screenshot (42).png

Screenshot (43).png

• Administrators
42 minutes ago, Rickyrocks said:

Reserving the Mac address is best as the router recognizes the Xbox with its name

This is the ping in my Customs Halo 5 i guess its peer and why am i in Holland. or is it the Holland dedicated i dnt think so ! lowest ping is the average 

Just to let you know 1% packet loss is big in Halo5 im in port 2 and dnt get packet loss all-most at all so why are my ports broken and who going to sort them out lol

So been searching in social and this is what it looks like just done a factory reset also

Doesn't look like you're having any problems getting low ping servers there. You don't appear on the map so it will be the server you're connected to. Where are you viewing the packet loss? If the ports were broken they wouldn't work at all, it wouldn't be 1% packet loss.

• Administrators

On the Xbox network settings? If so that's just the packet loss to the authentication server and won't affect your game connection. The server in the US with the circle with it is an authentication server required for online play, it won't affect the game, the servers in the EU will be the game servers.

• Administrators

The screenshot shows it is connecting to those authentication servers for Xbox Live, whatever they're using for the test etc. The packet loss there is fine, it's for the connection to the authentication server - basically the server that says are they connected to XBL and that's it. It's completely separate to your game servers and will not impact you.