Jump to content
mark1975

R2 Just stopped working

Recommended Posts

Hello first post I need help with this router, initially we thought we had no internet connection but it turns out the R2 just isn't working at all.

We cant log into it from any pc, I have directly connected it to my laptop and it does nothing, I have also tried the reset button.

I bought this new in April, any ideas?

If this is faulty who do I return it to?

Thanks in advance.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear this, are you able to access the interface by going to 192.168.77.1 in your web browser?

If not, remove the power cable from the R2 and leave it for approximately 10 minutes to let residual power drain. Then reconnect the power cable and see if you can then access the interface and if connectivity is restored.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Liam 

No I cant get access at all. when I go to 192.168.77.1 it just says there is no internet connection. 

I have let it sit for hours and tried again, I have even changed cables 3 times and still nothing. 

I havnt messed with any of the setting and it main use was to control the bandwidth to the kids.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear this, are you able to access the interface by going to 192.168.77.1 in your web browser?

If not, remove the power cable from the R2 and leave it for approximately 10 minutes to let residual power drain. Then reconnect the power cable and see if you can then access the interface and if connectivity is restored.

when I trouble shoot it on my main pc it says there is no cable connected but there is, I have tried 3 different cables. 

these cables are working on other devices. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you able to connect to the R2s Wi-Fi network still or is that also not working?

Can you check on a PC connected to the R2 via ethernet, what is the current IP address it's getting? Could you then open a command prompt on the PC and issue the command ipconfig /renew then send over a screenshot of the results?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Liam 

 

There is no wifi on the router and the ethernet cable way doesnt work, I have tried 3 different cables. 

The power light comes on and thats it.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hold the reset button for 30 seconds, release, wait 2 minutes then try accessing using a wired PC in LAN Port 1 and R2 blue port connected to the modem/router from your internet provider

This connection is going on and off every few seconds and I cant get on the Duma login page at all.ipconfig.png.5e4f3bbb05535127f74ebf23231a048b.png797108358_Netdumaunreachable.png.36891ccf9904fc2f3261c156a3b47b19.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you access 10.0.0.1 what does that take you to, the R2 or your ISP router?

It takes me to the ISP router.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

even when I plug it into the main router there is no device listed as being connected, its not even showing us as a mac address.

Is there someone I can send this to to get fixed or get a replacement? the router was bought in April this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, mark1975 said:

even when I plug it into the main router there is no device listed as being connected, its not even showing us as a mac address.

Is there someone I can send this to to get fixed or get a replacement? the router was bought in April this year.

OK yes, please send an email over to [email protected] with your original order number and a link to this thread.

This issue is fixed in the newest hotfix firmware, but unfortunately you won't have that yet. We'll send a replacement out to you with this hotfix applied.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK yes, please send an email over to [email protected] with your original order number and a link to this thread.

This issue is fixed in the newest hotfix firmware, but unfortunately you won't have that yet. We'll send a replacement out to you with this hotfix applied.

Ok I will do big big thank you, I cant live without the Duma on our internet 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...