R2 Just stopped working

mark1975

Hello first post I need help with this router, initially we thought we had no internet connection but it turns out the R2 just isn't working at all.

We cant log into it from any pc, I have directly connected it to my laptop and it does nothing, I have also tried the reset button.

I bought this new in April, any ideas?

If this is faulty who do I return it to?

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear this, are you able to access the interface by going to 192.168.77.1 in your web browser?

If not, remove the power cable from the R2 and leave it for approximately 10 minutes to let residual power drain. Then reconnect the power cable and see if you can then access the interface and if connectivity is restored.

Hello Liam 

No I cant get access at all. when I go to 192.168.77.1 it just says there is no internet connection. 

I have let it sit for hours and tried again, I have even changed cables 3 times and still nothing. 

I havnt messed with any of the setting and it main use was to control the bandwidth to the kids.

45 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear this, are you able to access the interface by going to 192.168.77.1 in your web browser?

If not, remove the power cable from the R2 and leave it for approximately 10 minutes to let residual power drain. Then reconnect the power cable and see if you can then access the interface and if connectivity is restored.

when I trouble shoot it on my main pc it says there is no cable connected but there is, I have tried 3 different cables. 

these cables are working on other devices. 

Are you able to connect to the R2s Wi-Fi network still or is that also not working?

Can you check on a PC connected to the R2 via ethernet, what is the current IP address it's getting? Could you then open a command prompt on the PC and issue the command ipconfig /renew then send over a screenshot of the results?

23 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hold the reset button for 30 seconds, release, wait 2 minutes then try accessing using a wired PC in LAN Port 1 and R2 blue port connected to the modem/router from your internet provider

This connection is going on and off every few seconds and I cant get on the Duma login page at all.ipconfig.png.5e4f3bbb05535127f74ebf23231a048b.png797108358_Netdumaunreachable.png.36891ccf9904fc2f3261c156a3b47b19.png

even when I plug it into the main router there is no device listed as being connected, its not even showing us as a mac address.

Is there someone I can send this to to get fixed or get a replacement? the router was bought in April this year.

18 minutes ago, mark1975 said:

even when I plug it into the main router there is no device listed as being connected, its not even showing us as a mac address.

Is there someone I can send this to to get fixed or get a replacement? the router was bought in April this year.

OK yes, please send an email over to [email protected] with your original order number and a link to this thread.

This issue is fixed in the newest hotfix firmware, but unfortunately you won't have that yet. We'll send a replacement out to you with this hotfix applied.

11 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK yes, please send an email over to [email protected] with your original order number and a link to this thread.

This issue is fixed in the newest hotfix firmware, but unfortunately you won't have that yet. We'll send a replacement out to you with this hotfix applied.

Ok I will do big big thank you, I cant live without the Duma on our internet 👍