Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'onReady')

8 hours ago, lukeelectrik said:

Not sure what this is but it shows up after I log into router.
Also I cant turn on upnp.

Any bosses able to shed some light?

Cheers

Welcome to the forum!

What firmware version are you currently running on the XR? I believe not being able to enable UPnP is an issue Netgear are aware of on the latest firmware.

What browser are you using and how are you accessing the interface, via routerlogin.net or 192.168.1.1?

• 4 months later...
  • Administrators
1 hour ago, munteanadrian88 said:

Hello Liam,

I have the same issue on XR1000 router. I am accessing the interface via default gateway 192.168.1.1. I am running the latest firmware v.1.0.0.58

Best Regards,

Adrian

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Did you factory reset after upgrading to the latest version? Do you have Armor enabled by any chance?

Hello Fraser,

The latest firmware version came by default once with the product acquisition at the middle of the last (few months ago), so I did not perform the upgrade manually. I do performed the factory reset several times since the router started to do "crazy things" like disconnecting me from the game for at least 1 day. The workaround for me before resetting to factory was to disconnect the LAN cable from the PS4 pro and connect wirelessly to the XR100 router but I would never play any games on wireless :)

As far as I noticed, the router does not like to get abused by the Allow/Deny functions under the Geo-Filter. If you reject the servers for about 50 times without specifying an ID for the "bad" or "good" server, the router gets into a strange state (where not even a reboot fixes it) causing the PS4 pro trigger the message "You've entered blocked scenes...". As mentioned in the first paragraph, when the DEVICE (PS4 pro) is switching between network modes (from LAN to wireless) the game stops disconnecting me from the servers automatically. I am not quite sure if this problem is related to the 'Uncaught TypeError' described above, it just came up as a hint from my side.

The bad thing is that when this issue occurs (after stressing the router with more then 50 Deny button presses in 1-2 hours), the game will disconnect me from the server even if I win or lose that game and that is quite frustrating in the end. I personally don't want to use the reset to factory once per week but is the only way to get rid of this behavior without messing with MAC Address changes that might affect other functions like QoS.

Hint: I use the IP Reservation from LAN Setup for each of my devices connected to the network (via LAN or wireless 2.4 / 5 GHz).

I guess I have the Armor trial enabled from the mobile app some time ago, but I mostly use the web app for administration via Google Chrome and I do clear the cache and cookies every time I use it or change something from DumsOS.

Please let me know if I can share more details with you.

Best Regards,

Adrian

3 hours ago, munteanadrian88 said:

Hello Fraser,

The latest firmware version came by default once with the product acquisition at the middle of the last (few months ago), so I did not perform the upgrade manually. I do performed the factory reset several times since the router started to do "crazy things" like disconnecting me from the game for at least 1 day. The workaround for me before resetting to factory was to disconnect the LAN cable from the PS4 pro and connect wirelessly to the XR100 router but I would never play any games on wireless :)

As far as I noticed, the router does not like to get abused by the Allow/Deny functions under the Geo-Filter. If you reject the servers for about 50 times without specifying an ID for the "bad" or "good" server, the router gets into a strange state (where not even a reboot fixes it) causing the PS4 pro trigger the message "You've entered blocked scenes...". As mentioned in the first paragraph, when the DEVICE (PS4 pro) is switching between network modes (from LAN to wireless) the game stops disconnecting me form the servers automatically. I am not quite sure if this problem is related to the 'Uncaught TypeError' described above, it just came up as a hint from my side.

The bad thing is that when this issue occurs (after stressing the router with more then 50 Deny button presses in 1-2 hours), the game will disconnect me from the server even if I win or lose that game and that is quite frustrating in the end. I personally don't want to use the reset to factory once per week but is the only way to get rid of this behavior without messing with MAC Address changes that might affect other functions like QoS.

Hint: I use the IP Reservation from LAN Setup for each of my devices connected to the network (via LAN or wireless 2.4 / 5 GHz).

I guess I have the Armor trial enabled from the mobile app some time ago, but I mostly use the web app for administration via Google Chrome and I do clear the cache and cookies every time I use it or change something from DumsOS.

Please let me know if I can share more details with you.

Best Regards,

Adrian

OK, please disable Armor as this can cause strange issues like this from time to time.

What game are you playing? It's odd that you're able to Deny 50 separate servers and still get into a game at all.

Hello Liam,

Just found this note on Netgear support:

Note: After your trial of Armor expires, Armor is no longer active on your device. You do not need to manually turn Armor off at the end of your trial period.

I also tried to disable the Armor myself but the mobile app SETTINGS -> Security redirects me to the Armor webite to renew.

The router has thrown the same alert today after logging in into the web interface.

How do I disable it in this case?

Thanks in advance,

Adrian

• Administrators

You don't need to deny that many servers as the radius will block any servers outside of it - did the error only start appearing after you hit that many denies? Sounds like it may be disabled already then but keep us posted!

• Administrators

It's likely got into a weird state so I'd suggest reupgrading the firmware using the TFTP method, this bypasses the boot process and any issues there then once done do a factory reset for the freshest install possible: https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP 

Then see if the issue is still there, if it isn't then don't exclusively use the deny feature as that is what the radius does naturally

Hello Fraser,

Thanks for the proposed solution. I will try re-flashing to the latest firmware version using the TFTP method if the issue persists. In this moment, the alert is not there anymore after the first login in into the interface.

Speaking of details, I also deleted the device from the Radius Mode and switched it in the Polygon Mode after deleting all those denies and after adding new devices to the network map, simply because the Radius Mode started to be a bit annoying with getting me out of the servers. In regards to QoS, I reset and re-updated the Bandwidth Allocation and deleted and re-added the device under Traffic Prioritization as long as the QoS and Geo-Filter are working well together when they are set correctly.

Best Regards,

Adrian 

42 minutes ago, munteanadrian88 said:

Hello Fraser,

Thanks for the proposed solution. I will try re-flashing to the latest firmware version using the TFTP method if the issue persists. In this moment, the alert is not there anymore after the first login in into the interface.

Speaking of details, I also deleted the device from the Radius Mode and switched it in the Polygon Mode after deleting all those denies and after adding new devices to the network map, simply because the Radius Mode started to be a bit annoying with getting me out of the servers. In regards to QoS, I reset and re-updated the Bandwidth Allocation and deleted and re-added the device under Traffic Prioritization as long as the QoS and Geo-Filter are working well together when they are set correctly.

Best Regards,

Adrian 

OK that's good to know, let us know if you run into the issue any further!