Ping is higher than usual

Xdico

I’m using netduma R2 for my Xbox series x, 10mb down and up. My connection is only for gaming and using only one device. What settings should I use: 

do I benefit from using qos or congestion control?

should I use DMZ even if I have open Nat 

when I auto setup congestion control the ideal= Down and up pings and it doesn’t change anything on % sliders.

im located in the Middle East so I connect to closest servers in Europe usually giving me a ping of 160ms while using R2 and 130ms before when I was using my ASUS. 

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

So it's purely for your Xbox, never any other device connecting at all? If that is the case you don't really need to use QoS, you don't need to use DMZ as you have an Open NAT already. 

At the end of the Auto Setup you have to select the option for it to apply those settings. Where are you reading the ping, in game or on the Geo-Filter?

15 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

So it's purely for your Xbox, never any other device connecting at all? If that is the case you don't really need to use QoS, you don't need to use DMZ as you have an Open NAT already. 

At the end of the Auto Setup you have to select the option for it to apply those settings. Where are you reading the ping, in game or on the Geo-Filter?

Yes only for my Xbox. In game ping not geo-filter. On the web page it shows pings as low as 20-40ms where in game it’s 160ms. 

auto congestion setup doesn’t change from %100 while testing it just tests once maybe twice without changing anything 

• Administrators

That indicates the servers are under heavy load and you should try forcing another server, even if its a bit higher on the Geo-Filter it may be less congested and give you a lower ping overall. We are still improving that feature so could be why, you don't need QoS though so that's fine

do I need traffic prioritization for better experience. The issue is I have higher ping than usual, used to be 130ms on asus now it’s 160ms. The issue isn’t with the servers because I play with my friend who has a consistent 140ms on most games. 

can I have the prioritization rules for Xbox series x? What can I use 

3 hours ago, Xdico said:

do I need traffic prioritization for better experience. The issue is I have higher ping than usual, used to be 130ms on asus now it’s 160ms. The issue isn’t with the servers because I play with my friend who has a consistent 140ms on most games. 

can I have the prioritization rules for Xbox series x? What can I use 

If there aren't any other devices connected to the R2 then enabling a traffic prioritisation rule won't do anything, as the Xbox is the only traffic going through the R2.

If Geo-filter is showing 20-40 ms that might even suggest that it's getting those reading from a different server you're connected to, this could be for authentication or for a voice chat like discord for example.

The high ping could well be a symptom of the fact that the R2 has no control over traffic on the network, the ideal configuration would be to have all devices on the network connected to the R2.

Replying on the last part, why have all devices on the network would help with ping? as I’ve said before I have a separate internet connection (fiber) only for gaming that I only connect netduma router on, before that it was an Asus router. Increased ping only happened on R2

24 minutes ago, Xdico said:

Replying on the last part, why have all devices on the network would help with ping? as I’ve said before I have a separate internet connection (fiber) only for gaming that I only connect netduma router on, before that it was an Asus router. Increased ping only happened on R2

If all devices on the network are connected to the R2, DumaOS can then appropriately prioritise gaming over background traffic, I'm just saying that's the ideal configuration but I get that's not what you've currently got setup.

In your current configuration, I'd suggest disabling QoS entirely from the three-line menu in Congestion Control.

Are you using Hybrid VPN at all? 

I did disable qos, saw a bit of improvement but haven’t tested fully. I’m not using VPN at all. Still it’s not a better experience for me it’s actually worse. 
I don’t know what settings I can change, I’m playing two games Warzone and dead by daylight. I have issues with both.

Dbd I used to be at the highest rank, when I installed net Dina my performance went to the gutter less than a week ago, I’m so frustrated because I don’t know why it’s just not the same. I feel slowing ping is slightly higher but my performance is way worse, in this game there’s a high skill gap so I can easily see this issue.

2 hours ago, Xdico said:

I did disable qos, saw a bit of improvement but haven’t tested fully. I’m not using VPN at all. Still it’s not a better experience for me it’s actually worse. 
I don’t know what settings I can change, I’m playing two games Warzone and dead by daylight. I have issues with both.

Dbd I used to be at the highest rank, when I installed net Dina my performance went to the gutter less than a week ago, I’m so frustrated because I don’t know why it’s just not the same. I feel slowing ping is slightly higher but my performance is way worse, in this game there’s a high skill gap so I can easily see this issue.

Sure, I can understand why that's frustrating.

As you're not using QoS, leave it disabled. Let us know if you noticed an improvement when testing fully. We haven't seen a few users mention that they're getting super high ping in CoD recently and many are blaming the servers, though we don't know that's for sure the cause.

Are you geo-filtering Dead by Daylight? It's not currently classified in in DumaOS so I'm not sure how well that would work.

I’m not using filtering mode for dead by daylight, I’ve used it before but it made no difference because I can’t force low ping servers since there aren’t any, most servers I play on are located in Europe and I’m in the Middle East.