Netduma R2 Problem

Al3aTraoz

Hi i got problem with my router Netduma R2. I started playing in the morning and I did not notice any problems but after returning home on PS4 a message about the network cable not connected started popping up immediately after this message appeared I tried to enter 192.168.77.1 but I could not. I tried to do a hard reset but the router does not turn off the LEDs. Now i disconnected the router from the power supply for 24 hours

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Have you tried to access it since you unplugged it for 24 hours? How did you do that reset - how long did you hold the rest button for? What device are you trying to access the interface on?

I will try to enter the router tomorrow after 24 hours trying to enter the website through the computer and I held the reset button for 1 minute but as I wrote the LEDs did not go out, I did not manage to enter the website

After 24h there is the same problem, I cannot connect via wifi, another reset did not help, I can not enter the router 192.168.77.1 website with the Ethernet cable connected. The only difference is that the PS4 has stopped displaying the message that the network cable is not connected and the internet goes through the router

IMG_20210908_190719.jpg

• Administrators

Set a static IP on the PC itself that is connected via ethernet to the router using this information and this guide (control panel) https://pureinfotech.com/set-static-ip-address-windows-10/
IP 192.168.77.100
Subnet 255.255.255.0
Gateway 192.168.77.1
DNS 192.168.77.1
then see if you can access using 192.168.77.1

It may also be worth clearing your browser's cache before trying again.

What lights are illuminated on the R2? 

When you say you're not able to connect via wireless, are you still able to see the Netduma R2 Wi-Fi network but it's just not letting you connect?

Do these lights periodically turn off completely? 

Some users who've reported problems like this have found that if you unplug it and leave it for a while, then plug it back in and leave the router for a while to continue this, it will eventually be accessible temporarily. From there we could then access it remotely and force it to upgrade which usually resolves it.

If you do at any point gain access to the interface, could you please enabled remote access to tech support from the WAN settings in Network Settings?

Previously, I disconnected it for 24 hours after disconnecting it for such a time, the router was able to send the internet without any problems over the cable, but I did not get access to the website and I could not connect via wifi. Before disconnecting it for 24 hours, the LEDs from the internet connection and ethernet cables were blinking. If I gain access to the website, it activates remote access

6 minutes ago, Al3aTraoz said:

Previously, I disconnected it for 24 hours after disconnecting it for such a time, the router was able to send the internet without any problems over the cable, but I did not get access to the website and I could not connect via wifi. Before disconnecting it for 24 hours, the LEDs from the internet connection and ethernet cables were blinking. If I gain access to the website, it activates remote access

OK, please do let us know if you're able to do so, otherwise I think we'll have to find another solution.

I'm running into the same problem. It happened yesterday, all of a sudden I lost Wifi connection to my Netduma r2 router, and the Wifi lights went dark. So i checked my Ethernet connection, and it was connecting and reconnecting without getting assigned an IP. Immediately after that i unplugged the power cable and plunged it again, Same result. Then i tried to Reset it using the reset button, Same result.

I tried to assign manual IP address 192.168.77.1 and Same results.

I can't access the router webpage, nor reset it.

192.png

r2 IP.png

rt connection.png

pinging.png

• Administrators
32 minutes ago, OmarDuma said:

I'm running into the same problem. It happened yesterday, all of a sudden I lost Wifi connection to my Netduma r2 router, and the Wifi lights went dark. So i checked my Ethernet connection, and it was connecting and reconnecting without getting assigned an IP. Immediately after that i unplugged the power cable and plunged it again, Same result. Then i tried to Reset it using the reset button, Same result.

I tried to assign manual IP address 192.168.77.1 and Same results.

I can't access the router webpage, nor reset it.

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. The IP you're getting indicates another reset is needed. Hold the reset button for 30 seconds, release and wait 2 minutes before connecting or trying to access the interface and see if it works

Thank you for your support and patience 😅

I Followed your instructions and ran into the same problem.

The router does not assign an IP to my PC and the connection keeps dropping. (check the attached video)

I changed the Ethernet cables and tried it on a Different Computer with the same result.

I tried to reset it again, and it stops dropping the connection, but still does not assign an IP.

Maybe If i turn it off for 24h it might work, but i doubt it.

New status.png

• Administrators

You're very welcome, thanks for yours! Could you leave it unplugged for 24 hours please? We have had some success in the past where routers left that long do spring back to life. Rest assured I will be available over the weekend as well should that not work.

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, OmarDuma said:

I just plugged it and got the same results. My PC is not getting assigned an IP and the WIFI is not working.

No worries, can you make a topic here please and we'll continue there: https://forum.netduma.com/forum/141-troubleshooting-posts/

• Administrators
47 minutes ago, Al3aTraoz said:

I disconnected the router for 4 days but it did not give any results, I still cannot log in to the router's website and the wifi connection is not working

Disconnect the R2 from the modem so just the PC and power are connected, then with the static IP set try and access the interface again, does it still not work?