Xbox Series X + XR1000 + Warzone = Noob Questions

steelcity403

I have a question for those of you who use a DumaOS router (NetDuma R1/R2 or one of the Nighthawk Pro Gaming Routers) with their Xbox. I have the general idea on how to setup the geo-fencing and the general idea behind it. What I'm fuzzy about is how it's implemented so I have a couple questions I was hoping some of you might know...

1. Do I need to have the geo-fencing turned on before I boot into COD or can i turn it on and off in game if I'm having trouble finding a lobby?
  2. Does it pick a server when I load into the game and I stay on that server the whole time or does it pick servers on a match by match basis
  3. What's the sequence you use when you boot your Xbox and load into a match to make sure you have the servers you want?

I Typically play later at night and if I'm not playing with my friends I'm CONSTANTLY stuck on servers where no one speaks English. Last night I went 2 solid hours without an English speaking teammate. I'm not good enough for the PING or anything else to make a difference so my only real reason for wanting to get a DumaOS router being able to force it to servers in the US to increase my chances of being able to communicate with my teammates.

I tried searching for videos that explain all this on YouTube but didn't really have much luck.  Just trying to figure all this out before I go and drop $300 on the router.

Thanks in advance!

5 hours ago, steelcity403 said:
I have a question for those of you who use a DumaOS router (NetDuma R1/R2 or one of the Nighthawk Pro Gaming Routers) with their Xbox. I have the general idea on how to setup the geo-fencing and the general idea behind it. What I'm fuzzy about is how it's implemented so I have a couple questions I was hoping some of you might know...

1. Do I need to have the geo-fencing turned on before I boot into COD or can i turn it on and off in game if I'm having trouble finding a lobby?
  2. Does it pick a server when I load into the game and I stay on that server the whole time or does it pick servers on a match by match basis
  3. What's the sequence you use when you boot your Xbox and load into a match to make sure you have the servers you want?

I Typically play later at night and if I'm not playing with my friends I'm CONSTANTLY stuck on servers where no one speaks English. Last night I went 2 solid hours without an English speaking teammate. I'm not good enough for the PING or anything else to make a difference so my only real reason for wanting to get a DumaOS router being able to force it to servers in the US to increase my chances of being able to communicate with my teammates.

I tried searching for videos that explain all this on YouTube but didn't really have much luck.  Just trying to figure all this out before I go and drop $300 on the router.

Thanks in advance!

set  your home pin to where you want to connect, i'm a firm believer in ping is king so i set mine exactly where  i live, then i set the radius circle to the minimum 311 miles. (If it doesnt connect to any servers then back out of game set the radius up by 100 miles then restart the game, keep doing that to you find the closest server to where you live) im lucky where i live there's a couple different servers so i get a average of 9ms to 20ms, if you want to lock in the area where you set your home pin to you need to have geo filter on before you start the game, when ever you change home pin location exit the game then clear the saved game data then restart the game with net dumas geo filter on. you can play anywhere in the world you do not need a vpn. some locations will take longer then others but eventually a lobby will load if you selected a area on the opposite side of the world from you

6 hours ago, steelcity403 said:

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forum!

To answer your questions:

1.  Yes, you'll need filtering mode enabled and any changes made prior to booting up your console for the best results. Bear in mind you probably won't change your config too often so this won't be an issue.
  2. Geo-filter works by denying servers, your configuration in Geo-filter is telling it what NOT to deny. So anything within your radius/polygon or below your ping assist limit will not be denied.
  3. Once you've set your Geo-filter configuration, just use the Xbox as normal! You won't need to adjust Geo-filter every time, just make sure to reboot the game if you do make any changes though.

Thanks @TODDzillaInLA for also sharing what works for you! Hopefully other members of the community will also come in and share their mileage.

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, steelcity403 said:

Thanks guys!  Would it create issues if I confined my server area to eastern USA and I joined a friend on the west coast or would they need to join on me for everything to work properly?  

If they were the party leader then you would likely be kicked from any game they found so either disable the Geo-Filter or you be the host and find a game in Central US for a decent connection for you both

Will it show me on the map in the router what server they are connected to when I join their party so I can whitelist it?  Alternatively if I disable geo-fencing would I have to restart the game or is that only when I turn it back on.

Sorry for all the questions.  I appreciate your help!

• Administrators
On 9/3/2021 at 8:42 PM, steelcity403 said:

Will it show me on the map in the router what server they are connected to when I join their party so I can whitelist it?  Alternatively if I disable geo-fencing would I have to restart the game or is that only when I turn it back on.

Sorry for all the questions.  I appreciate your help!

It will yes but you would have to be very fast to allow it before it kicks you. Would only suggest restarting the game if you're turning the Geo-Filter back on. No need to apologize, that's what we're here for!

Thanks!  I bought the XR1000 and everything seems be working great.  I have another question.  I live in a VERY congested area.  Probably 50 townhouses around me so the WiFi channels are always congested.  The lower numbers on the 5G band (36-48) seems to have everyone piled in there.  On my old router channels 149-161 were available however I notice they aren't available on this router and they are much less congested.  Am I missing a setting to make them available?  I get a warning when trying to select channels 52-128.  Other than the stated warning in the pop-up is there any disadvantage to using one of those channels (speed, distance, etc.)? Obviously there's no one on those bands.

Thank you!

4 hours ago, steelcity403 said:

Thanks!  I bought the XR1000 and everything seems be working great.  I have another question.  I live in a VERY congested area.  Probably 50 townhouses around me so the WiFi channels are always congested.  The lower numbers on the 5G band (36-48) seems to have everyone piled in there.  On my old router channels 149-161 were available however I notice they aren't available on this router and they are much less congested.  Am I missing a setting to make them available?  I get a warning when trying to select channels 52-128.  Other than the stated warning in the pop-up is there any disadvantage to using one of those channels (speed, distance, etc.)? Obviously there's no one on those bands.

Thank you!

What does the warning say exactly? I don't see why there'd be an issue with this. I'll have to check with the team about the other channels you're not seeing, we'll get back to you on that one!

• Administrators
7 hours ago, steelcity403 said:

Thank you!

Regarding the channels, can you provide a screenshot of the WiFi page please? This will give us a better idea of what might be happening.

Here's my current settings along with the warning I get about radar.  I can't access anything above channel 128.  On my other routerI had access to channels 149-161 and there are two others within range that have their router set to broadcast on those channels as opposed to about 10 crammed into 36-48.  I know there's something about weather radar on the middle channels but I"m not sure if it decreases power to those channels or anything like that.  I"m not opposed to using them but I just want to make sure I'm not hurting my WiFi signal by doing it.

89e015c403f0d003bfde5143d90f2f03.png

dc1a59f1f12d891bfdeed4023aee5de6.png

a30c444ba81d5e2870e3ad6815052113.png

• Administrators

DFS channels can be a little less stable in my experience but if you're normal channels are really congested then the trade off might actually work better for you. This may sound silly but I think it's an easy mistake to make, when you click the channel list, scroll down your mouse wheel, do more channels then appear?

• Administrators
53 minutes ago, steelcity403 said:

Haha not crazy.  Tried it like 20 times. Nothing higher than channel 128 shows up on the list.  I'd rather use the higher channels than the DFS channels if I can...

I have sent you a PM, please check and provide your feedback here.