Setting up on talk talk

Stevenlang3

Received my router yesterday and followed the video on YouTube. It won’t pick up my talk talk internet although it’s plugged into the router for talk talk. Gone from a asus router to netduma and had no problem setting that up but it won’t work setting up the netduma. Any help will be greatly appreciated 

Welcome to the forum!

Where are you seeing that it's not detecting an internet connection, in the setup wizard?

If so, please select 'WAN Setup' then Skip. After this, complete the setup wizard and then reboot the R2, you should have internet connectivity after this.

2 minutes ago, Stevenlang3 said:

Yeah in the setup wizard. Tried what you said and still no luck 

OK, so you're now in the interface right?

If you go to System Information, do you have a WAN IP in 'Network Status' or does it just say 'Disconnected'?

If it says 'Disconnected', could you please go to Device Manager, then click the three-line menu in the top left and switch to table view. Take a screenshot of the top table and send that over.

2 hours ago, Stevenlang3 said:

Yeah changed it to a spare one I had at home the one in the box that come with it didn’t work which is fine I’ve got it working now. So simple of me 😂😂😂but thank you

Nice! Thanks for confirming, let us know if you have any other questions. Apologies about the cable in the box!

• 2 weeks later...

I lose connection it says wan disconnected but in the connections table it says connected. Been happening the last 3 nights. I can fix it by factory reset and then plug into laptop but I can’t do this every night it happens how do I fix it. Tia 

11 hours ago, Stevenlang3 said:

I lose connection it says wan disconnected but in the connections table it says connected. Been happening the last 3 nights. I can fix it by factory reset and then plug into laptop but I can’t do this every night it happens how do I fix it. Tia 

Do you have access to the DumaOS interface when the disconnection occurs? Is this where you're seeing WAN disconnected? If so, could you please let us know the make and model of your modem? 

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Stevenlang3 said:

Yeah I have access to it still just it’s a sagemcom cs50001 talk talk router. Was fine until 3 days ago the same time every night would all stop working until a factory reset was done

On the Sagemcom give the R2 a static/reserved IP (the WAN IP from the System Information page on the R2) and see whether keeps it online for longer please.