Sky router to xr1000 help please :-(

Hi all, could anyone help me get my new xr1000 working correctly please, it is currently running through our crappy sky q router with WiFi turned off.. is there a guide for this combination? I do know there is no bridge mode..

or can anyone give me a rough idea what must and must not be altered, and on which device.. it’s not my first rodeo but I think I have something messed up as games are laggy, I struggle to connect and in honesty it’s worse than before 😞

Really don’t want another cost for a modem, not that I can seem to find one suitable for less than £120.. which takes the xr1000 over the cost of competing units which have built in everything. 

i assume if I can resolve the setup the geo filter will work also? 

Any help welcome! Thanks 

(firmware has been updated) 

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Have you setup the Geo-Filter and QoS? Those are the main features and the ones that resolve your lag issues. Regarding what you need to do there isn't much, copy the WAN IP from the XR System Information page and enter that in the Sky router DMZ. Then connect all devices to the XR, then you can focus on QoS & Geo-Filter etc. On every page/panel there are ? icons that give you more information. If you click this at the top of the Geo-Filter and QoS pages you should have the option to launch feature specific tours for those pages

i couldnt seem to get the geofilter to work correctly for cold war, i have the qos setup ok i think. and despite trying to gain an open nat type its just moderate regardless of what ports i open.
i am going to factory reset both devices and start again. will update shortly. thanks for the reply 

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

copy the WAN IP

im going to double check as much as possible i am doing the right changes, hopefully its useful to someone later..
i assume the dos attacks are not good.. is this safe
duma.thumb.png.6b7a210c1286f6cc74151ad43cb5e374.png

ok so i have inserted the wan ip into the sky dmz. i am playing on PC but when i choose call off duty(pc) to setup a filtered(?) device it does not work, if i select playstation as my device type i can get very limited info showing up on the geofilter, but game searches fail or i get an error message from call of duty servers 😞 i have tried using both modes on the filter but perhaps im missing something here idk. 
traffic has been favoured to my pc, everything else has been restricted as much as possible without killing it entirely.. 

8 hours ago, RichP said:

ok so i have inserted the wan ip into the sky dmz. i am playing on PC but when i choose call off duty(pc) to setup a filtered(?) device it does not work, if i select playstation as my device type i can get very limited info showing up on the geofilter, but game searches fail or i get an error message from call of duty servers 😞 i have tried using both modes on the filter but perhaps im missing something here idk. 
traffic has been favoured to my pc, everything else has been restricted as much as possible without killing it entirely.. 

Sounds like you're making good progress though, could you share a screenshot of how you've currently got Geo-filter setup? In Geo-filter, you would expect to see a server icon when you're in-game, then maybe a peer/server icons for your friends and if you're using a chat server too.

I sure will, but I’m not home for a few hours 😕 

I managed to get a little further with the Nat last night, it’s now open on one pc.. 

will update later with a pic of geofilter.

Thanks! 

• Administrators

For PC do this:

1. Quit the game completely
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Give PC PlayStation Device Type in the Device Manager
  4. Resync/flush the cloud from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  5. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
  6. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  7. Wait 2 minutes
  8. Boot up the game

That's normal for Discord currently. For NAT you can just set NAT to Open in WAN Settings

Ok so I think the geo filter is working, kind of.. still seems allow servers and players outside from the fence tho, and if I set the fence to just the uk despite being a server here it cannot connect to anything without ping assist on at 25ms or include a slither of France, then it connects to mid France 😕 

also now a second pc has been added to the network but only one pc can play cod at a time.. The second get unable to connect to servers. 

my main concern is constant dos attacks, is a this why games feel worse than before the router?DDB26527-A1B6-4893-B058-3770C89C5BE9.thumb.jpeg.a40508907df878d737f66436d54c2879.jpeg

I feel like despite the slight benefits this router has for one person in game it’s looking to be rather detrimental to our network 😞 Does the log above mean it was blocked, or just detected and allowed as the Nat was set to open?

There seems to have been a remote access allowed today also.. not from my ip 

I have deselected the open ports option but feel like anyone has had time to ‘infect’ my system. What should I do to FULLY secure my network at this point!? 

• Administrators

The DoS entries are not actually attacks, they show normal connections you come in contact with. Netgear are known for showing these in the logs when they're not actually issues. For example, one of the IPs there: 37.244.28.18 is a Blizzard server so it showed up because you were gaming. Remote access is disabled by default as well and the log entry is usually nothing to worry about. What was the IP address?