R2 WiFi issues

SocomRaised

I’ve noticed about every other day or so, I randomly lose WiFi connection to my devices. The devices that are hard wired do not lose internet though. I pull out the power plug and put it back in and it works. I’ve tried resetting the r2 with the button in the back, but this still keeps happening. 

I had my xr500 connected and was in bridge mode so it could only be used for my WiFi, and even then this still happened. So I see the problem is coming from the r2. Any suggestions?

On 8/22/2021 at 11:10 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

I've sent you a PM, please see if that helps

Unfortunately that option did not work for me. Anyone else having this problem and happen to have a solution for it???

7 hours ago, SocomRaised said:

Unfortunately that option did not work for me. Anyone else having this problem and happen to have a solution for it???

Did you factory reset after installing that? 

Next time it disconnects, could you access the interface and grab a copy of the log file from System Information?

13 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Did you factory reset after installing that? 

Next time it disconnects, could you access the interface and grab a copy of the log file from System Information?

It didn’t even let me install. Kept spinning saying it would take two minutes and never stopped spinning. And at the top it does not show the version has changed. 

• Administrators
8 hours ago, SocomRaised said:

It didn’t even let me install. Kept spinning saying it would take two minutes and never stopped spinning. And at the top it does not show the version has changed. 

Were you connected via WiFi? If so you would have gotten disconnected and would then have to connect back. The version number is the same so that wouldn't change. Try the install again while connected via ethernet, once done do a factory reset and wait 2 minutes before accessing.

20 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Were you connected via WiFi? If so you would have gotten disconnected and would then have to connect back. The version number is the same so that wouldn't change. Try the install again while connected via ethernet, once done do a factory reset and wait 2 minutes before accessing.

So Ive been hard wired, and it just keeps spinning saying it’s gonna take 2 minutes but doesn’t. When would I know it’s complete so I could factory reset?

• Administrators

What web browser/device are you installing it using? If it happens refresh the page, it will either fail to load indicating its failed during the installing or it should load the interface fine in which case it would have succeeded and then you can perform the reset

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2021 at 4:18 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

What web browser/device are you installing it using? If it happens refresh the page, it will either fail to load indicating its failed during the installing or it should load the interface fine in which case it would have succeeded and then you can perform the reset

Ill try it again, but I am using google chrome. Should I try a different one?

On 9/7/2021 at 4:17 AM, Netduma Liam said:

Let us know how it goes, you could try doing it from an Incognito Window just in-case.

So I tried it, and it’s still doing the same. I even had issues locating my wifi network after the reset. The name didn’t pop up until like 30 min later. What should I try now?

I use a netgear cm500  modem. The only thing around the router is my PS5 and PC. Nothing else wireless. Since the update I’m also getting an error message a lot while using the duma interface (RPC error ‘Error_Validation’: validation failed for ‘ips’

When I had my xr500 connected I did not come across the issue of the wifi going out and my r2 is placed where the 500 used to be. 

• Administrators

Are you using Mirror mode for WiFi by any chance? Use a WiFi analyzer (there is a fee one on the Microsoft Store) find the least congested channels and change to those.

What page specifically are you getting that error on and did it happen after changing a setting?

17 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you using Mirror mode for WiFi by any chance? Use a WiFi analyzer (there is a fee one on the Microsoft Store) find the least congested channels and change to those.

What page specifically are you getting that error on and did it happen after changing a setting?

I just tried to go back on the page to see if I was using the mirror mode and now I am getting another loading page that won’t allow me to access the interface. Now I am getting this page. 

But the previous error message was just randomly popping up on the main page of the interface. Something in that update must have changed something. 

EBDD2CEB-FFBF-4020-B2D5-A1FAA328FCAD.jpeg

25 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I sent you a PM as well.