Specific Server Not Connecting 100%

8 Wonders

Hi,

Game I am playing is halo 5 , based in the UK  and there is 2 servers which is considered ''ours'' an Ireland one and a Belgian one however the Ireland one seems very poor and no better than a server in the states etc so it leaves me with the Belgian one which fortunately plays fantastic so I have used polygon mode, however the Ireland server will appear then show a blocked symbol right before games start, when this happens the gameplay is horrible and it feels like the game has connected to the Ireland server and not the Belgian one, I watched tonight and when the server symbol appears over the Belgian location (without the Ireland one appearing at all) the game play is great, so it seems to me despite the polygon mode being used the router / game is still sending me to the Ireland server, is there anything I can do to fix this and miss the Ireland server all together? Thanks!

• Administrators

Thanks for the details, I would imagine the Ireland server is actually authentication server - it's a common location for those kinds of servers. Could you provide the IDs for each servers so I can take a further look?

• Administrators

Thanks for that, can't see any difference between the servers so it's odd this is happening. Try this:

1. Quit the game completely
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Resync/flush the cloud from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  4. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter
  5. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like - you will need to have strict mode on and Ping Assist set to 0
  6. Wait 2 minutes
  7. Boot up the game

• Administrators

That specific one is definitely an authentication server which is why it has a solid white circle around and the reason you can't block it. That won't influence your game experience, without it you wouldn't be able to play online

• Administrators

In that screenshot the Belgian one is still the game server, you can tell as the game server will always be the biggest icon, you're just connecting to the other one for authentication so there is no way around it really otherwise you wouldn't be able to play at all

1 hour ago, 8 Wonders said:

I tried to click DENY on the Ireland server but the option isnt even there?

image.thumb.png.bf3ce8bcc2286e5db4ba8ba36e21cb6a.png

That id is coming back as 40.81.123.18 and its based in cardiff, not ireland or belgium.

Your showing images from both geo and ping heatmap. You must not rely on joining a lobby that uses the ip from ping heatmap.

heatmap is just an indication only| 

In geo filter map the server in ireland may not be the one from ping heatmap

23 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

In that screenshot the Belgian one is still the game server, you can tell as the game server will always be the biggest icon, you're just connecting to the other one for authentication so there is no way around it really otherwise you wouldn't be able to play at all

so even if the Ireland one shows its just for authentication and if the biggest symbol is the player symbol and is sitting inside my polygon square the router has done its job and sent me to the belgian server?

23 hours ago, RedBull2k said:

That id is coming back as 40.81.123.18 and its based in cardiff, not ireland or belgium.

Your showing images from both geo and ping heatmap. You must not rely on joining a lobby that uses the ip from ping heatmap.

heatmap is just an indication only| 

In geo filter map the server in ireland may not be the one from ping heatmap

so there is a cardiff server as well or the server i thought was ireland is in fact a cardiff one?

54 minutes ago, 8 Wonders said:

so there is a cardiff server as well or the server i thought was ireland is in fact a cardiff one?

I don't play that game so I don't know. For research don't use ping heat map, just use geo and record the ips or id. That you get during, before and after. Then once again after 2 mins of just waiting in the lobby. Let's see if we can see a pattern then we can work out from there

16 hours ago, 8 Wonders said:

so even if the Ireland one shows its just for authentication and if the biggest symbol is the player symbol and is sitting inside my polygon square the router has done its job and sent me to the belgian server?

Yes that's correct.

16 hours ago, 8 Wonders said:

Judging by Ping Heatmap it looks like there is one around there, though if it plays poorly I wouldn't suggest connecting to it.