Geofilter functionality for xbox x

Scotty2Shotty

@GBDJG Let's say I want to only get east coast or west coast servers, or take bots on in Russia? Does that require a VPN or does that coincide with your above? 'll take a look at the link as well, big thanks for a quick response. I assume I will need to be party leader in order for geofiltering to work for the party as well?

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

As mentioned no need to use a VPN. You don't need a VPN to force servers around the world but do keep in mind forcing servers far away will result in long search times and you may or may not get a game that way. The router is not designed to get you games with less skilled players but to get you servers you will have a better connection to. Yes you would need to be the party leader to Geo-Filter and force your party onto the same server.

• Administrators
42 minutes ago, Scotty2Shotty said:

@GBDJG was bought for Warzone, but really generally speaking. I am west coast based, I assume filtering only on the west coast will force west coast servers? Or to Frasers point, just gives me a better chance of getting a lower pinged server closer to me?

Yes that's right, you can force west coast and that will give you the lowest ping servers if that is where you are based

@Netduma Fraser do you on the off chance know why nothing really pops up on my geofilter? Additionally, not sure if you can just help my basic understanding. The server there I have pings at about 18-20ish range, I'd like to connect to that one... My Xbox however and specifically when I play Warzone, my ping then just jumps to 70-90 before I can find any games. Again, very basic understanding as I just got my duma hooked up. Am I somehow missing how this works?

image.thumb.png.008dda3d9b0cb73664a003e316590a84.png

My issue is that I don't even display any indicators on the geo filter. I assume I am supposed to, based on the articles I've read. Unlike the other people posting, I'm on Xbox X and don't see a difference in PING regardless of where I am on the geo filter. I am west coast, trying to  play on nearest server, as you can see from the screenshot there are none at all in the world... 

I'd like to add I removed the device and readded it, just not understanding why I have nothing showing up on the geo filter. Additionally, Ping Heatmap is just full of failed ping connections.

image.thumb.png.737d37e8566983c09f3f6e26c85499fc.png

image.thumb.png.2c84b02b610fbc0549c6b520cc09a76a.png

9 minutes ago, Scotty2Shotty said:

My issue is that I don't even display any indicators on the geo filter. I assume I am supposed to, based on the articles I've read. Unlike the other people posting, I'm on Xbox X and don't see a difference in PING regardless of where I am on the geo filter. I am west coast, trying to  play on nearest server, as you can see from the screenshot there are none at all in the world... 

I'd like to add I removed the device and readded it, just not understanding why I have nothing showing up on the geo filter. Additionally, Ping Heatmap is just full of failed ping connections.

Could you please go to the three-line menu in the top left of the Geo-filter map and Re-sync Cloud.

After this, search for a game on your Xbox and you should see icons again, Ping Heatmap should also now be showing server locations to you.

Appreciate the tip, not sure what this is about but this is what I get. Sorry to be a pain, just trying to use this to the fullest capability and resyncing seems to timeout, I have a solid internet connection so I'm not sure this is on my end. 

image.thumb.png.c173ec0810263cdf147de1dec214f137.png

• Administrators

Yeah that's fine it will have resynced. If that hasn't helped follow this process:

1. Quit the game completely
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Resync/flush the cloud from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  4. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter
  5. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like - you will need to have strict mode on and Ping Assist set to 0
  6. Wait 2 minutes
  7. Boot up the game

Yeah, doesn't matter if I delete the device, I still get this "operation is taking longer then expected message". I don't know, I can't flush/resync the cloud as I get that message. There have been instances where I get a full screen of indicators and then they all disappear. I've done the steps above and I'm still stuck here.  Seems like I'm stuck with the inability to use the product. 

• Administrators

That message is fine, when it appears just wait 1 minute then refresh the page, it will have resynced the cloud successfully. 

You will see icons when first booting up the game, then they will disappear. You'll see maybe a few when you're searching for a game but not too many as you will have blocked most during the boot. Then you'll see the icon for the game you're in and that is it

Well 30 is pretty good lol... One last thing here and I can open a new one if I have any additional. Do you know why the latency within the game is slightly different then the ping indicated above? I had a latency of around 40 while this sat at 30. 

• Administrators

That is because of processing delay - all games have it but not all choose to show it in their ping calculations. As it's determined on the server it's not something we can measure and not something you can control either. Geo-Filter ping shows your ping direct to that server and that is what you can control. If the in game ping is vastly different to what the Geo-Filter shows then it indicates the server is under load and it would be beneficial to use the Geo-Filter to force a different server even if it's a slightly higher ping. For example:

Geo Ping = 30ms / In game ping = 40ms = Good game!

Geo Ping = 30ms / In game ping = 100ms = Server under load

Geo Ping = 50ms / In game ping = 60ms = Still good and better than the under load server even though Geo ping is higher