Set ANY Bandwith

Hello!

So, I got a probably weird problem and people may ask why I wanna do this and whats the purpose of this is.
But I cant set a bandwith under 1 Mbit/s because it goes to 0% then and don't save and just automatically goes to 1 Mbit/s again. So I can only set it to 1 Mbit/s.
I don't know why this exist. The only way is to lower my whole bandwith but I want 1 device to get everything and 1 device to limit it as far as I can so I can't.

Any way to get rid of this, so you can ANY bandwith you want to any device?

12c58c701936b257ff79f53afafaff3a.png

6 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Hey! 

Unfortunately 1% is as low as you can set it, why do you need to set it any lower than this?

Hey Liam,

I don’t understand why you can’t do 0,X%, like set any specific bandwidth you want. Can this be „fixed“ or added?

Also, Lag Compensation, main reason.

• Administrators

If you did 0% then it wouldn't get any bandwidth at all and as the whole feature is based on percentages its not something that could be easily changed, the whole feature would have to change. Are you disabling Share Excess as well?

10 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you did 0% then it wouldn't get any bandwidth at all and as the whole feature is based on percentages its not something that could be easily changed, the whole feature would have to change. Are you disabling Share Excess as well?

Yes, disabled Share Excess. Limiting the bandwidth of a device works but sadly you can’t set under 1% like 0,5% as example. Would this be complicated to add or do I need to set my whole bandwidth down to get under 1 Mbit/s working? I mean upload works as I have „only“ max. 50 Mbit/s anyway but my download is 250 Mbit/s. So I would need to turn it down to get under 1 Mbit/s.

• Administrators

Not as easily, probably a better way of doing it would be to change Congestion Control to just under 100Mbps and set that to Auto Enable/When High Priority Traffic Detected. Then 1% would be under 1Mbps, that way if your gaming it throttles to under what you want and then when you're not then the full connection speed will be split between devices.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Not as easily, probably a better way of doing it would be to change Congestion Control to just under 100Mbps and set that to Auto Enable/When High Priority Traffic Detected. Then 1% would be under 1Mbps, that way if your gaming it throttles to under what you want and then when you're not then the full connection speed will be split between devices.

Good idea, will try and test that out.

Still, would be cool if there is any chance this can be added. My old 2010 ZyXEL Router could even do this!!

Nah, I’m joking, fully love DumaOS but was just surprised that I can do like everything with it but this „little thing“ is a issue.

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, MuFF said:

Good idea, will try and test that out.

Still, would be cool if there is any chance this can be added. My old 2010 ZyXEL Router could even do this!!

Nah, I’m joking, fully love DumaOS but was just surprised that I can do like everything with it but this „little thing“ is a issue.

We'll see what we can do! Glad to hear you're liking it overall :)