Stuck in endless cycle

Metaljester

I've owned my R2 since april and never had a problem with it until now. All the R2 does now is run it's connecting cycle I get about 10-20 seconds of internet connection It'll drop and run it's cycle again connect than drop over and over again the only light that stays on is the power. I've reset the device no change, if I'm lucky I can access the interface but connection drops before I can do anything.

I've tried a bunch of things on the forums here but no luck and I've had enough of trying.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. Unplug the router from power for 10 minutes, then plug it in and wait 2 minutes before accessing. Does it appear to stay connected for any longer then?

26 minutes ago, Metaljester said:

I was fast and lucky to get to the upgrade in process part but the connection disconnects and the reboot loop starts again. I left it for a hour and it was still in the upgrade screen

Are you able to connect to the R2 and enable Remote access for Tech Support from the WAN settings? If so, it's possible we'll be able to force the upgrade for you.

1 hour ago, Metaljester said:

I've tried to click on the different menu's but it disconnects before it can load them

Are you connected to the R2 via wired or wireless? If wireless, I'd certainly suggest connecting via wired considering how the R2 is behaving.

16 hours ago, Metaljester said:

I'm connected wired I've tried wireless and it's the same

How is the R2 connected to power? Is it plugged directly into the outlet or is it connected to a power extender? Are you using the power adapter included in the box?

2 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Out of interest, could you please try removing the WAN cable from the R2 so it doesn't have internet access and then see if it's more stable?

In my case I tested it with the lan without a Wan connection, I got access to dumasOS via the administration page after 10 mins ... with the WAN and LAN connected, it takes a lot longer but I end up with have access to the end ...