Heavy packet loss on Netgear XR500

Hello I am having insane amount of packet loss when playing Warzone.

Some information on my setup

Modem: Arris SB8200 

Router: Netgear Nighthawk XR500

I have been having horrible packet loss issues on Warzone. I have tried these trouble shooting tasks so far:

1. Open all ports needed for warzone
  2. Connected wired to Router
  3. Test on a new Router
  4. Test on a new Modem
  5. Call COX and have someone come out and take a look (Done this twice)
    1. To add both times they have said my signal is great and I am getting the speeds that I am paying for.
  6. Tried COX Elite gamer Service
  7. Changed all CAT6 cables in my entire setup
  8. Tried almost every config of QoS I can

I have tried all these steps, and I still have a high amount of packet loss.

Here are some simple tests that show that something is clearly strange

Google.thumb.PNG.50a69178d80a9988cb9d53420ad28662.PNG

Terminal.PNG.88a19d6d83a0f1f988214017481b2861.PNG

227219184_Networkstatus.PNG.ae64b37b22ee31282c1aa64c86407220.PNG

Here is my current setup on NetDuma

QoS.thumb.PNG.5999b6269d8b5cb736eba530ffab3e0d.PNG

Traffic.thumb.PNG.9447c7fd62d0363eca445c55dee63fac.PNG

I am just trying to figure out if this is on my end, or my internet provider (COX) end.

Here is the same ping plotter connected directly to my modem.

2036030176_PLonmodem.thumb.PNG.dc66d608c791cc8f8b3faf8c657dcdf6.PNG

• Administrators

Thanks for all the information, that's really helpful. For PingPlotter leave the interval as 2.5, anything less than that can show false results. Also how were those tests done, was anything else using the internet for example? 

Just to clarify, gaming directly off the modem, nothing else connected you still had these issues?

Ok I will leave the ping at 2.5 seconds. These tests were done with 1 4k stream off of Netflix going. I typically game with little to no bandwidth hogging my network.

I honestly have not tried gaming directly from the modem. If you think it would be useful to try that, I can definitely do that.

Yeah like you say, that looks really good. Another thing I've noticed is that Traffic Prioritisation doesn't really appear to be catching any traffic and is likely the result of you lag in-game. 

Are you playing on PC? When you're playing Warzone, does the DumaOS classified games rule show two red lights for detected traffic? In Device Manager, does your PCs device type show as?

I believe traffic prioritization shows close or near 0 because I recently recent my router. It does actually catch traffic when I play Warzone. 

I am playing on PC and I have my PC marked as a games console in the device manager. 

1 hour ago, karthik said:

I believe traffic prioritization shows close or near 0 because I recently recent my router. It does actually catch traffic when I play Warzone. 

I am playing on PC and I have my PC marked as a games console in the device manager. 

OK, do you have your PC as a Games Console for Geo-filter purposes? If not, change it back to PC and Traffic Prioritisation should then detect it properly.

If you need to leave it as a Console, please create a Add a new rule to Traffic Prioritisation and use the below advanced configuration:

Source: 1-65535
Dest: 3074-27050
TCP & UDP

After this, reboot the game and see if this rule is then detecting priority traffic.

• Administrators
32 minutes ago, karthik said:

Hey so I still have the same amount of packet loss after changing all these settings 

In game or on PingPlotter? The rule above would only apply to the game.

Can you try direct to the modem and see what it is like please? PingPlotter and the game

4 minutes ago, karthik said:

Ok just checked in game connected directly to modem. I am still getting lots of packet loss

What firmware are you running? Your interface looks different than mine!

• Administrators
11 hours ago, karthik said:

Ok just checked in game connected directly to modem. I am still getting lots of packet loss

In that case it will be something to do with the modem, the line or the ISP causing it. With nothing else being able to use the internet and no router settings to interfere that's the only conclusion

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

In that case it will be something to do with the modem, the line or the ISP causing it. With nothing else being able to use the internet and no router settings to interfere that's the only conclusion

Ah that sucks :(

I'll reach out to my ISP, thanks guys!

• 2 weeks later...

Recently had to ditch the xr500 for same reason. Plugged in an Asus router and it all magically fixed itself...

I did factory reset on xr500 it fixed it briefly for 1 day then reverted to packet loss.

I'll put dumaos 3.0 on it as a last ditch effort but I'm not holding my breath 

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, oRaGaMi said:

Recently had to ditch the xr500 for same reason. Plugged in an Asus router and it all magically fixed itself...

I did factory reset on xr500 it fixed it briefly for 1 day then reverted to packet loss.

I'll put dumaos 3.0 on it as a last ditch effort but I'm not holding my breath 

Let us know how you get on with 3.0, if you still have the same issue make a topic and we'll be happy to help.