very low speeds on R2

gianni2k

Hi all,

i am getting alarmingly low speeds on my new R2. I am on a 900 down 500 up connection and getting nowhere near this. How do I solve please?

I am connecting and testing via ethernet. Even on speedtest i seem to be lowering my download speed considerably.

thanks for the help

cap1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

12 hours ago, gianni2k said:

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I'm sorry i don't really know what PPPoE means? my router  is connected via ethernet to my ISP router. my QoS settings are on Never, i have no geofilter on. 

Could you please go to Device Manager and in the three-line menu please select table view. 

Could you then send over a screenshot of the top table?

OK that all looks good, I'll remove the screenshot now as it's not needed.

So Connection Benchmark is just getting the speeds really wrong - that's a bit odd.

If you completely disable QoS from the three-line menu in Congestion Control, do you speeds on Speedtest.net and Connection Benchmark improve?

disabling QoS does indeed make my speedtest better:

image.png.91c2e420ee6ada761b2b67af1f9cf265.png

However benchmark is still completely off:

image.png.77ffc3cc93539f256fd56274f2d80066.png

ADDED NOTE: I have found that when i disable QoS from Congestion control, then go to connection benchmark and go back to QoS the disable option unticks itself automatically?

Apologies, not sure how I missed your last response. 

OK so QoS is the cause of the reduction in your speeds, which makes sense as that is Congestion Control is supposed to do.

It's a little strange that QoS re-enables itself again though, do all panels in QoS also become visible and adjustable again?

• Administrators

Thanks for that. Yes that's definitely the issue, hence why Speedtest.net reports much closer to what you expect - the speedtest.net server must be right on top of you compared to the service we use where the closest server to you appears to be some 2800km away. Not to worry though, the speeds through speedtest.net are accurate and you can ignore benchmark