Playstation 4 shows offline in the device manager

Paul Maos

• Administrators

This is a really odd one, did you buy this directly from us or is it second hand? Have you always had this issue regardless of the firmware version? Can you try all the LAN ports please and see if it appears correctly on any? Then we can see if it might be a dodgy port

Again, it will not solve your problem - I'm just mentioning it to the support.

I've had the same problem with device connected to wifi showing as connected to LAN, but fortunately it resolved itself after the reboot and never occured again.

11 hours ago, Paul Maos said:

I bought it directly from the netduma website. And what’s odd is that the pc that says is connected via LAN is not, it’s connected via WiFi. 

Has it ever been connected via LAN? Can you tell which Wi-Fi channel it's actually connected to, 2.4 or 5GHz?

I did set up the R2 router via a usb-c hub which had a LAN port to use, which was connected to my Macbook pro.

I had to do it this way since the default password on the R2 router was not working at all. After that, anything via LAN shows OFFLINE.

Of Course until now I see that one windows PC on the device manager connected via LAN when it is connected via Wifi. Unfortunately I could not tell if its connected to 2.4 GHz or 5GHz.

13 minutes ago, Paul Maos said:

I did set up the R2 router via a usb-c hub which had a LAN port to use, which was connected to my Macbook pro.

I had to do it this way since the default password on the R2 router was not working at all. After that, anything via LAN shows OFFLINE.

Of Course until now I see that one windows PC on the device manager connected via LAN when it is connected via Wifi. Unfortunately I could not tell if its connected to 2.4 GHz or 5GHz.

Hmm OK, I've sent you a PM.

Please upgrade to that firmware, then factory reset the R2. After you've done this, setup the R2 via wireless (The password should be correct now). I'd advise against changing the Wi-Fi password until after you've completed the setup.

This worked!!! thank you so much to Deng / Liam & Fraser for all the help on this!

One last question, should I update the firmware from the site so I dont have the hotfix firmware, or should I keep as is until the next update?

Screenshot_at_Aug_12_12-57-52.png