2ND Xbox ping issues.

GBDJG

Hi.

So i have my xbox sorted 15ms ping but i bout my son one for his b day when i test it its getting horrible ping 148ms and a strict Nat if i put his console in DMZ its fine. So i will leave it there.

So as upnp does not seem to help should i port forward? if so is there a blanket rule i can use ?ie  27036-4500

any help would be great.

many thanks

• Administrators

So I assume your Xbox has an Open NAT normally? How have you setup the modem/router the R2 is connected to for an Open NAT? 

If you disable Traffic Prioritization completely do you notice a difference on the second Xbox?

• Administrators

The ping in network settings isn't that important, it's just your ping to their auth servers, it won't affect your game experience. Disable DMZ, enable UPnP and on the second console they have an option to select a port, choose another, apply, then reboot the console and see if the NAT changes

6 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The ping in network settings isn't that important, it's just your ping to their auth servers, it won't affect your game experience. Disable DMZ, enable UPnP and on the second console they have an option to select a port, choose another, apply, then reboot the console and see if the NAT changes

so no dmz both consoles are set to auto on alternative port selection. If one console is in dmz could that conflict with upnp for the console within the port range?

Ok so i choose a different port with upnp active both consoles to open Nat.But i cant use TP or Port forwarding or DMZ ?

The reason i would want to use TP is obvious as for DMZ or forwarding either one of the consoles becomes a STRICT Nat after some use.

I have manually chose alternative ports on the consoles. 

39 minutes ago, GBDJG said:

Ok so i choose a different port with upnp active both consoles to open Nat.But i cant use TP or Port forwarding or DMZ ?

The reason i would want to use TP is obvious as for DMZ or forwarding either one of the consoles becomes a STRICT Nat after some use.

I have manually chose alternative ports on the consoles. 

Do the consoles remain on an Open NAT if you leave them with manually chosen ports?

You should still be able to use Traffic Prioritisation but as Fraser mentions I wouldn't recommend using DMZ for this issue.

31 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Do the consoles remain on an Open NAT if you leave them with manually chosen ports?

You should still be able to use Traffic Prioritisation but as Fraser mentions I wouldn't recommend using DMZ for this issue.

Im testing the manual ports today. fingers crossed TP would be great its on at the moment and if they stay open DMZ no longer matters.so seems all good😎

Many thanks for replys and help.