Connection Benchmark issue

Tua PR

Hi. I wanted to know why when I test my speeds, the Router don't get the full speed from the modem?

I tested the Modem first and then , on bridge mode, I tested the R1(also an XR1000) and had those speed results. 

Screenshot_20210805-111346_Speedtest.jpg

Screenshot_20210805-102801_Chrome.jpg

52 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Connection Benchmark uses different servers, we're also working to improve the results shown, do a normal speedtest and you should be getting the expected speeds

When I do a normal speed test, using the R1, I get low speeds to, even with QOS disabled.

The cable is OK.

It's like if when I use the router, my ISP speeds are lower .

Edit: Also when I use the Auto Detect, to set my network speeds,  shows lower speed. 

• Administrators

I assume you're doing wired tests? Are ALL devices connected to the R1? What speeds do you get on speedtest.net through the R1?

Auto Detect uses the same servers as benchmark which is why is will show similar

On 8/5/2021 at 1:56 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

I assume you're doing wired tests? Are ALL devices connected to the R1? What speeds do you get on speedtest.net through the R1?

Auto Detect uses the same servers as benchmark which is why is will show similar

Ok... so to be clear, The Connection Benchmark's speed test results aren't my real ISP speeds?

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Tua PR said:

Ok... so to be clear, The Connection Benchmark's speed test results aren't my real ISP speeds?

They should be but aren't currently as we need to improve it. If speedtest.net shows the speeds you expect then that is what you're getting through the router then you can ignore benchmark.

• 4 weeks later...

My download speed is pretty much cut in half on speedtest.net through the R1 vs connected directly to my modem. Is there an upper limit to the throughput that the R1 can handle (aside from the physical 1 Gbps port speed that is)? I get around 170 Mbps with the built in test, 270 Mbps on speedtest.net and pretty close to my full subscribed speed of 500 Mbps when using speedtest.net and bypassing the R1. All testing is hard wired with QOS off.

Thanks

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, nightstorm said:

My download speed is pretty much cut in half on speedtest.net through the R1 vs connected directly to my modem. Is there an upper limit to the throughput that the R1 can handle (aside from the physical 1 Gbps port speed that is)? I get around 170 Mbps with the built in test, 270 Mbps on speedtest.net and pretty close to my full subscribed speed of 500 Mbps when using speedtest.net and bypassing the R1. All testing is hard wired with QOS off.

Thanks

The built in test results need to be improved, it's not indicative of the speeds you'll get currently. There is not hard limit for it on DumaOS, it was a bit higher on the previous pre-DumaOS firmware. Just to check that's with QoS disabled in the Congestion Control :menu menu? Are ALL devices connected to or behind the R1?

4 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The built in test results need to be improved, it's not indicative of the speeds you'll get currently. There is not hard limit for it on DumaOS, it was a bit higher on the previous pre-DumaOS firmware. Just to check that's with QoS disabled in the Congestion Control :menu menu? Are ALL devices connected to or behind the R1?

I had it set to apply "never"... I didn't realize there was also another checkbox to disable it. Thanks for the tip, getting full speed now :D That is quite the harsh penalty though lol... 500 Mbps down to 270. Oh well I can always toggle it on while gaming for the bufferbloat mitigation and leave it off otherwise. Also what is "Goodput"?

• Administrators
46 minutes ago, nightstorm said:

I had it set to apply "never"... I didn't realize there was also another checkbox to disable it. Thanks for the tip, getting full speed now :D That is quite the harsh penalty though lol... 500 Mbps down to 270. Oh well I can always toggle it on while gaming for the bufferbloat mitigation and leave it off otherwise. Also what is "Goodput"?

Ahh brilliant to hear that. It is hardware from 2014 so times have definitely moved on that, it's a hardware limitation really. Yes exactly, can turn on/off as needed. Goodput gives you a more accurate speedtest reading that's all, no other benefits