Suspicious IP

8 minutes ago, Comp0za_ said:

Yes. Do you know what kind of ip it is? It says googleusercontent.com

OK, no there isn't a great deal of information available about it. You could always block it in Geo-filter, it's not whitelisted so I don't believe it's used for authentication purposes. 

10 minutes ago, Comp0za_ said:

So annoying that thing pops up in the geo filter... Do you think it could be someone trying to get information about me?

It’s Taiwan looking up the IP address. 

Is auto update off and what is the NTP service you are using for time settings?

I'm using this https://imgur.com/a/FATrZ4F the auto update is on, but I'm on the latest NetdumaOS 3.0 for the XR500 router

But Taiwan is far away from my home location. I live in Sweden. Why is Tawain IP adress popping up on the Geo Filter in Finland? I get 15 ms pinging from my location to the IP adress on the Geofilter.

• Administrators

That is a super weird one, I thought initially the IP may have been part of an IP block Taiwan had sold to the Nordic region that hasn't yet been updated - hence why you have a low ping and iplocations show Taiwan but I did a traceroute and it does go to Taiwan. I would keep it blocked for sure.

• Administrators

The router firewall will already block it if it tries to do anything, the protection options are also enabled in Settings so you'll be perfectly protected. Just a precaution really to keep it blocked, if it's not needed for a game then no harm keeping it blocked. 

27 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Click the one that appears on the map, does it have the exact same ID? There are usually many servers clustered in one location so may be another 

The ping assist seems broken, it will still allow the denied peers to connect to.

• Administrators

It might be because it was blocked using Ping Assist, PA was brought in after Allow/Deny was done so may be an issue there. Remove it, disable Ping Assist, get the host via radius - not polygon, then try disabling it

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It might be because it was blocked using Ping Assist, PA was brought in after Allow/Deny was done so may be an issue there. Remove it, disable Ping Assist, get the host via radius - not polygon, then try disabling it

Doesn't work, it acts like an authentication server, maybe you guys could block it with the update cloud?

• Administrators

Once you blocked it that way the connection has to be severed before it is blocked completely so not playing a game for at least 2 minutes should do it. If you disable Ping Assist it should get blocked as well. We don't block any servers using the cloud as that could cause potential issues