internet loss

Ceemore

sorry 4 drops now. this last time i couldnt even connect to the os. yes all devices lose connection. i dont know but i think im plugged directly into the ont? but my R1 worked when i plugged iy back in so thats not the problem.

yes the first 2 times i was able to access the os. but i dont recall it functioning. i coundt even get it to reboot. i had to manually unplugg the router.. once i let it cool down i could connect again. for a while. but now its happening more frequently.  devices reporting no internet connection. im actually using my R1 now.

18 minutes ago, Ceemore said:

yes the first 2 times i was able to access the os. but i dont recall it functioning. i coundt even get it to reboot. i had to manually unplugg the router.. once i let it cool down i could connect again. for a while. but now its happening more frequently.  devices reporting no internet connection. im actually using my R1 now.

We've been seeing an error lately which we believe to have fixed now, when it occurs the error "This Rapp has not loaded yet..." appears on the interface, have you seen this at all?

4 minutes ago, Ceemore said:

I have seen that after trying to reboot from the interface.

OK that's actually a genuine occurrence of the error, it's because QoS takes a little longer to load than most. Have you seen it at any other times?

• Administrators

When you do reboot wait 2 minutes before accessing, this gives all the Rapps including QoS time to load correctly. You mentioned you let it cool down and then it worked - do you mean literally that the router was quite hot and when it got cooler and you connected it then it worked? How do you have you R2 setup e.g. on a table, carpet etc?

ok i think ive been pretty cool about this whole thing but thats not what i thought id have to do with something i recieved 2 WEEKS AGO!

When do we start talking about me getting one that just works?

Am I supposed to NEED a static wan ip?  I didn’t see that in the user guide. And wouldn’t I have to pay extra to my isp to get one? How would I get one from my R1?

Even worse why go through the R2 if the R1 is working? I thought I was upgrading.

Let’s pretend I didn’t have the R1 anymore. Then what?

• Administrators

We are based in the UK, while we do offer support up until midnight your last comments were after this time so we're picking them up now. I realize you are frustrated, we are here to help. No you wouldn't need to pay extra, on the R2, go to the System Information page, what does the WAN IP say please?