Jump to content

Settings


Rylo
 Share

Recommended Posts

I had this guy help me do my settings and I was wondering if any of these need to be enabled? For some reason ever since he did them I haven’t been able to play GTA5 on PS5

12F3C0D3-0C6C-496A-A086-3C74A31CBBB5.jpeg

A4518760-579F-4F1C-AC2D-00DD48F3227A.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

Is the second screenshot from the router the R2 is connected to? Did they put the R2 WAN IP in its DMZ? 

If yes to both, enable Allow Ping on the R2, reboot from the interface and see if it works.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Is the second screenshot from the router the R2 is connected to? Did they put the R2 WAN IP in its DMZ? 

If yes to both, enable Allow Ping on the R2, reboot from the interface and see if it works.

Yes so he put the wan ip of the R2 into the advanced DMZ of my home hub, he put my PS5 IP into the R2s DMZ so I get open nat and I just enabled the setting you said and rebooted so hopefully it works, thanks! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

You don't necessarily need to put the PS in the DMZ of the R2 as you should be able to get an open NAT otherwise - some people don't like putting the console in the DMZ due to it being a security risk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You don't necessarily need to put the PS in the DMZ of the R2 as you should be able to get an open NAT otherwise - some people don't like putting the console in the DMZ due to it being a security risk

Also the spanning tree protocol (STP) is also disabled is that good? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
10 hours ago, Rylo said:

Also the spanning tree protocol (STP) is also disabled is that good? 

That's fine, Spanning Tree is used to prevent loops in the network, this isn't really an issue on home networks as there's only one router. You'll know very quickly if you've got a loop, it tends to tear the entire network down very fast.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...