How many devices on Netduma R2

DieStick

Hello,

My Netduma is not allowing all my devices at same time. I got a security system (6 wireless camera), 2 playstation, 2 PC, 2 Roku devices and 4 Phones (wireless) and its only allowing a 8 devices. The rest shows no connectivity. This is causing an issue that when me and kids playing games and wife watching netflix it disconnects my security cameras (offline) Can someone help me. Thanks
I keep getting this  Geo-filter - "Uncaught Unmatched Device" 
I also get this a lot

https://gyazo.com/779ce6d40b2714cd04aa23da6b56ed35

779ce6d40b2714cd04aa23da6b56ed35.png

Update: I reset router and still having issues with more than 8 devices connecting at same time. This is not working for me and would like to request a refund.

I really appreciate

Welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear this, are all devices connected over wireless or are some wired?

Is it consistently the same devices that cannot connect or does it vary purely based on how many other devices are connected?

Are you consistently receiving the 'Rapps not loading' error? We've been working on this issue a lot recently so I'd be interested to see whether this is what is actually causing the majority of the issues, because we believe to be very close to a fix for it.

I've seen your email as well, if you'd still like to continue with returning the device just let me know and we can still do that, though I do believe we'd be able to resolve this issue.

Liam thanks for the quick response.

Yes, its  based on how many other devices are connected. My security system is wired so I believe that is were the issue is. I do have a Netgear RAX80 and have no issue connecting all my devices. If I cant get the netduma to keep all my security devices connected at same time than I would love to return the device. The netduma is doing its job of keeping me close to my ping (server selection) but its not helping with the overall of the house connection. 
Thanks

12 minutes ago, DieStick said:

Liam thanks for the quick response.

Yes, its  based on how many other devices are connected. My security system is wired so I believe that is were the issue is. I do have a Netgear RAX80 and have no issue connecting all my devices. If I cant get the netduma to keep all my security devices connected at same time than I would love to return the device. The netduma is doing its job of keeping me close to my ping (server selection) but its not helping with the overall of the house connection. 
Thanks

Right OK thanks for that.

Could you let me know the make/brand of your security system so I can research it a little?
Something you could also test would be to disable QoS and Geo-filter (Filtering Mode) to see if they're somehow having an affect?
If you haven't already, assign reserved IPs to your security devices so we can rule out DHCP.

Let me know if the Rapps not loading is also a recurring problem too please. :) 

This is the Smart Hub (Specs at bottom)

https://www.vivint.com/products/smart-hub

I still have problems with Filtering on and off. The Rapp is loading now. I just disabled the QoS and see if it works. I will have to wait until this afternoon when everyone is connected and track the devices.  Ill give you an update as soon I can

Quote "If you haven't already, assign reserved IPs to your security devices so we can rule out DHCP." 
Im not an expert and dont understand. Im a plug and play old school. Some one told me that I can have 2 routers at same time. I can have netduma for my gaming PC only and the Rax80 to control the rest of devices. But again, Im not an expert on networking

Thanks again for quick response

OK sure, let us know how you get on.

My bad - should've been clearer.

To reserve an IP, login to DumaOS (192.168.77.1 in web browser) and go to Network Settings -> LAN -> DHCP.

Here, find your security devices from the device list in the left panel and tick the 'reserve' IP box for each security device.

If you're still having issues, could you also confirm which firmware version you're currently running?

So I  reserved my security Vivint hub panel like you said (adding 101 at the end) but in my Network map it keeps going from Lan online to Offline. I even block my 2 roku and a vizio TV (all 3 wired) to make space and still wont work.  Im currently using R2 3.0.205 firmware.  The wireless is only allowing 4 devices and Lan 4. My guess is that the Netduma R2 is only allowing 8 devices at same time and I got 16. 

7 minutes ago, DieStick said:

So I  reserved my security Vivint hub panel like you said (adding 101 at the end) but in my Network map it keeps going from Lan online to Offline. I even block my 2 roku and a vizio TV (all 3 wired) to make space and still wont work.  Im currently using R2 3.0.205 firmware.  The wireless is only allowing 4 devices and Lan 4. My guess is that the Netduma R2 is only allowing 8 devices at same time and I got 16. 

Thanks for letting me know, I'd suggest reserving IPs from the range of 192.168.77.3 - 192.168.77.99 as these IP are not within the DHCP pool. This means there's no chance the R2 will try give these IPs to another device at any point!

Reboot the R2 after making this change and see if that helps, it's usually a good idea to assign reserved IPs to IoT devices anyway.

DumaOS certainly isn't limited to 8 devices, so it's strange that you're seeing this issue.

31 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Thanks for letting me know, I'd suggest reserving IPs from the range of 192.168.77.3 - 192.168.77.99 as these IP are not within the DHCP pool. This means there's no chance the R2 will try give these IPs to another device at any point!

Reboot the R2 after making this change and see if that helps, it's usually a good idea to assign reserved IPs to IoT devices anyway.

DumaOS certainly isn't limited to 8 devices, so it's strange that you're seeing this issue.

Here is the picture. all 6 devices on offline are wired and they are showing off. Netduma is only allowing 3 devices on LAN. The devices keep rotating from offline to online on LAN but only 4 have been the max of allowed devices. The TL-WPA 4220 at bottom is my security hub. I just installed it on wireless and still showing offline. I do not have this problem with my netgear RAX 80 prior to getting Netduma R2 or had to assigned any reserved IP for it. I will try to reserve every device as you suggested and will update as soon as possible. Thanks againInkednet_LI.thumb.jpg.7ad440dac556a212fb0a7b1efafd6058.jpg

I did everything you suggested. I assigned IP to all devices from .3 to .15 and rebooted router. I rebooted my security panel 2 times and after 10 minutes of waiting nothing changed.

Inkednet_LI.thumb.jpg.6e69af7fdfc7615390beb67d25586f1a.jpg

Just now, Netduma Liam said:

OK thanks for trying, and are these devices actually offline or are they just displaying as offline in DumaOS?

Out of interest, do they pretty much all display as 'unnamed device'?

These devices are connected via wired and are offline and showing offline on DumaOS. The undamed devices are 3 wireless home security camera. see images 

Like I said. I do not have this problem with RAX 80 as I tested it last night before I started posting here. 

55132.jpg

14509.jpg

i have a similar type problem as you can see from the shot all the devices are showing offline through my netgear router in AP mode however they are online. 

Capture.PNG

1 hour ago, ONEovFOUR said:

i have a similar type problem as you can see from the shot all the devices are showing offline through my netgear router in AP mode however they are online. 

Capture.PNG

Thanks for reply. Mine is not doing same. I rebooted all of them just in case and still having issues with my security cameras offline and my kids roku wireless sticks

3 minutes ago, DieStick said:

Thanks for reply. Mine is not doing same. I rebooted all of them just in case and still having issues with my security cameras offline and my kids roku wireless sticks

i reserved ips for all devices now after following this thread and can confirm it has fixed my issue i thank you guys for that.😎

17 minutes ago, ONEovFOUR said:

i reserved ips for all devices now after following this thread and can confirm it has fixed my issue i thank you guys for that.😎

Maybe I did it wrong. Can you post and example. I did added last digits to all my devices (ej. 003, 004, 005, 006) is that how is supposed to be? Thanks again

ok im done. Ive been trying to get this to work for last 8 hours and no results. I have done everything ive been told and no Luck. This is so frustrated. I connected my Netgear Rax80 again and its working perfect. All devices connected with no issues. 

19 minutes ago, ONEovFOUR said:

should do mate

I really appreciated but still didnt work for me doing that. I decided to reset router and start again. still having issues and now getting this for last hour "This Rapp is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute".

when you get this can you close your browser then open it again to see if it still happens?

This Rapp is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute".

for me that happens when i reboot but reloading browser shifts it

12 hours ago, DieStick said:

I really appreciated but still didnt work for me doing that. I decided to reset router and start again. still having issues and now getting this for last hour "This Rapp is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute".

You could try going to System Information -> Installed Rapps -> Click the three-line menu and change the number of retries to 5. Then reboot the router from the interface and see if you continue to get the same issue.