Geo filter for apex

Eefo

So we still haven't found any solution for Geo filter not working with apex legends?

Getting into the game 2 out of 10 tries cannot be considered as working i guess 😕

1 hour ago, Eefo said:

So we still haven't found any solution for Geo filter not working with apex legends?

Getting into the game 2 out of 10 tries cannot be considered as working i guess 😕

Apex is trying to send you to servers outside of your geofilter radius, the R2 blocks it. Isn’t that what it’s meant to do?

Is this not an Apex issue? I can’t see how updating the cloud would change anything.

14 minutes ago, Unfinished said:

Apex is trying to send you to servers outside of your geofilter radius, the R2 blocks it. Isn’t that what it’s meant to do?

Is this not an Apex issue? I can’t see how updating the cloud would change anything.

So we cant stay connected to the server we played game on?

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We've done quite a few updates, including one earlier today, can you resync the cloud and see if it's any better please?

So i did resync cloud but it ended up with "it is taking longer than expected, please briefly wait for using this Rapp. 

Is it an error or its been resynced?

• Administrators
43 minutes ago, Eefo said:

It's unlikely you would play on the exact same server - there are usually many servers located in the same location and so will likely switch.

26 minutes ago, Eefo said:

So i did resync cloud but it ended up with "it is taking longer than expected, please briefly wait for using this Rapp. 

Is it an error or its been resynced?

When that shows you can just refresh the page after a minute and it will have applied.

On 7/15/2021 at 11:23 PM, Eefo said:

No, not in Apex. You go back into a lobby and then are allocated the next available server and I'm not sure it is based on location. All of my experience with Apex to date, suggests that server allocation is not regional and there is little effect in selecting your preferred server region either.

To test, disable geofilter and check the next server you are allocated to. With geofilter disabled, you will get into every game, but your ping/connection might be much worse. I've stopped playing Apex for mainly this reason, but the game also has a problem with quitters.

@Netduma Fraser hey fraser, just a quick question, has anybody here mentioned issues with arena games?

I just played about 10 games and all of them had packet loss in them even thought they were in the filter i selected. can you test if possible?

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, Eefo said:

@Netduma Fraser hey fraser, just a quick question, has anybody here mentioned issues with arena games?

I just played about 10 games and all of them had packet loss in them even thought they were in the filter i selected. can you test if possible?

No not specifically, I'll have a look the next time I play

• 3 weeks later...

I'm glad this is a thread, when I run filtering mode on, Apex just boots me from the game. What do you think the issue could be Fraser? When I have filtering off, I have 0 issues getting into a lobby, but the game will  put me in high ping servers (over here in Longview WA and it connects me over to Oklahoma or the east coast, when I have perfectly good servers in OR I should be connecting too lol). I can get some screenshots of the servers I do connect to if needed, I think there might be some mislocated servers as well, but those wouldn't cause the geo-filter to basically fail on the application right? Keyword "might" there, I haven't looked at it enough to really tell if its mislocated or not. Just to note, when I do connect to those servers, I do still get a solid amount of frames on my pc, 0 issues with frames dropping, and usually that's an issue with higher ping servers. Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help this situation, I have had issues using the geo-filter in apex since it's release, granted that was on my xr500 and I'm now on an r2, but still same issue. I'm going to try running Fast search with filtering mode on using polygon mode. A friend of mine said to try to just use the radial mode for geo-filtering, as the polygon mode is much more complex in its application to the game. I will update here after a few hours and see if there's any difference.

• Administrators

I believe they're using some authentication servers we haven't yet been able to allow which is causing the issue when searching for a game, if that's the case then when we can allow them it should filter correctly. Does selecting your server on the menu not keep you to that location?