Warzone packet loss / Nat type

Xample

okay im get modem switched tmm see if change i even went to microcenter bought a pcie wifi adapter and had same issue even trying getting on to this website it said not secured and activate spectrum while on wifi on my pc so hopefully modem change works ill update you tmm

On 7/5/2021 at 1:42 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Update got modem change and still goes to activation screen is there any way this have do w anything in setting and is there anyway can discord stream to show what i have setup or talk in dm //// Do upstream stay on in settings and i use a dns override in my setting that allows my modem to connect to router

Edited by Xample
UPDATE

30 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Spectrum activation is not something the router would do, you need to contact the ISP as they would know what is happening

can we talk in dm my setup kind of different when it come to isp i use  dns override   n do i keep upstream dns on or off ? and can that be problem why it send me to that screen? 

• Administrators
57 minutes ago, Xample said:

can we talk in dm my setup kind of different when it come to isp i use  dns override   n do i keep upstream dns on or off ? and can that be problem why it send me to that screen? 

Lets keep it in the topic as the community can help and when I am not available another colleague can help. DNS Override I doubt would cause it but you can set it back to the default to use the upstream DNS and see if it works

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Lets keep it in the topic as the community can help and when I am not available another colleague can help. DNS Override I doubt would cause it but you can set it back to the default to use the upstream DNS and see if it works

think i found out problem didnt have it since still monitoring but with the dns override and upstream dns enable seem to cause interruption  another question in device manger do i label my gaming pc for device type  gaming consoles, playstation or xbox or leave it as computer 

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, Xample said:

think i found out problem didnt have it since still monitoring but with the dns override and upstream dns enable seem to cause interruption  another question in device manger do i label my gaming pc for device type  gaming consoles, playstation or xbox or leave it as computer 

Great to hear it! I usually recommend giving it a PlayStation device type, then adding it to the Geo-Filter with the manual option

New update lol and new problem I just never win lol I’m recently having drops between my WiFi 5G and 2G it will disconnect for like 2 mins and connect but I didn’t test see how often this happen any reason can cause this and do your router lights stay solid or blink as an 5G or  2G

7 hours ago, Xample said:

New update lol and new problem I just never win lol I’m recently having drops between my WiFi 5G and 2G it will disconnect for like 2 mins and connect but I didn’t test see how often this happen any reason can cause this and do your router lights stay solid or blink as an 5G or  2G

Which device(s) are experiencing these drops? The lights on the R2 will flash intermittently, this is fine.

27 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Which device(s) are experiencing these drops? The lights on the R2 will flash intermittently, this is fine.

I notice it on my iPhone I was on FT when I notice my WiFi signal turned  to LTE and then connected back after a minute or 2 n to extend range of WiFi I need WiFi extenders?

47 minutes ago, Xample said:

I notice it on my iPhone I was on FT when I notice my WiFi signal turned  to LTE and then connected back after a minute or 2 n to extend range of WiFi I need WiFi extenders?

OK, on your iPhone go to Settings -> Wi-Fi -> Click the  (i) icon next to the NetdumaR2 network and disable private addresses. See if the issue continues after this.

14 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK, on your iPhone go to Settings -> Wi-Fi -> Click the  (i) icon next to the NetdumaR2 network and disable private addresses. See if the issue continues after this.

Am I bugging or is that disable private address is a new iOS thing im still on IOS 13.3.1 So I don’t see that option 

On 7/7/2021 at 9:30 AM, Netduma Liam said:

Ah - yeah - I'm pretty sure it was introduced in iOS 14.

Okay thanks and one more thing lol how do I raise my 2G bandwidth?  when I do speed test on 2G i only get 19  download and 9 upload but on 5G I get 200+ download n 20+ upload 

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, Xample said:

Okay thanks and one more thing lol how do I raise my 2G bandwidth?  when I do speed test on 2G i only get 19  download and 9 upload but on 5G I get 200+ download n 20+ upload 

Use a WiFi Analyzer (free one available on Microsoft Store for Windows called WiFi analyzer) to find the least congested channel and change to that. Also experiment with the width if needed. Ensure there are no wireless/electrical devices within 3 feet as these can interfere with the 2.4GHz signal as well 

41 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Use a WiFi Analyzer (free one available on Microsoft Store for Windows called WiFi analyzer) to find the least congested channel and change to that. Also experiment with the width if needed. Ensure there are no wireless/electrical devices within 3 feet as these can interfere with the 2.4GHz signal as well 

okay thanks wifi analyzer help shows my 2G width is 20mhz in  router settings it was set to 40 once i lowered it i started seeing 75+ and 20 upload thanks n should i set my 5G to 20mhz to or leave it at default 80?

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, Xample said:

okay thanks wifi analyzer help shows my 2G width is 20mhz in  router settings it was set to 40 once i lowered it i started seeing 75+ and 20 upload thanks n should i set my 5G to 20mhz to or leave it at default 80?

Great to hear that! You should get the best speeds at 80 in my experience!

9 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Great to hear that! You should get the best speeds at 80 in my experience!

i notice on my computer when i connect to wifi 2G i get that speed but on my iphone i get 19-33 and this is using ookla speed test app on phone not browser  w congestion control set to auto enable 

Edited by Xample
update

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Xample said:

i notice on my computer when i connect to wifi 2G i get that speed but on my iphone i get 19-33 and this is using ookla speed test app on phone not browser  w congestion control set to auto enable 

Was Traffic Prioritization on at the time so it would have triggered Congestion Control?

• Administrators
41 minutes ago, Xample said:

Yes it was on for DumaOS classified games 

If it showed that it was prioritizing packets and you had set Congestion Control low enough then that would be why the speeds were reduced

Quick question if I get fios 1gb internet or any of the fios internet service (modem only) will it work well w r2 router ? And push download n upload speed it suppose to ? 

Edited by Xample
🤔

• Administrators
51 minutes ago, Xample said:

Quick question if I get fios 1gb internet or any of the fios internet service (modem only) will it work well w r2 router ? And push download n upload speed it suppose to ? 

Yes it will work well! You should get pretty close but won't get the exact figures - probably 800-900

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes it will work well! You should get pretty close but won't get the exact figures - probably 800-900

Okay plan on going w 500/500 right now but it would push these speeds ^ ?