Netgear xr1000 set up

22 minutes ago, Gkear said:

ZHi, thanks for all the help though I've another quick question,  in the traffic prio tab iv added my pc as game console and selected normal default with wan as I'm on ethernet cable but I've noticed that not as many packets upload as when I had it on th default classified games setting I only changed it as its default is gaming voice or something and sure I read that is only for WiFi? Is that correct which one would you recommend thanks.

If DumaOS classified games is working well, no need to deviate from that. The Wireless type only applies to Wi-Fi but the rule as a whole will still work perfectly with wired. What was the reason for adding your PC as a console out of interest? You shouldn't need to do this with Traffic Prio. You can just add your PC as normal and select what game/service you want to prioritise.

Thanks thats good too know, I added my pc as a console as I couldn't see call of duty or warzone in the basic section so thought as I'd already added my pc as a console for the geofilter as it doesn't seem to work when I set it as a computer and select call of duty for the geofilter though works when set to PlayStation, is that correct how I've set it up? Thanks

1 hour ago, Gkear said:

Thanks thats good too know, I added my pc as a console as I couldn't see call of duty or warzone in the basic section so thought as I'd already added my pc as a console for the geofilter as it doesn't seem to work when I set it as a computer and select call of duty for the geofilter though works when set to PlayStation, is that correct how I've set it up? Thanks

Ah OK - yeah that solution works for Geo-filter but it's not necessary for QoS, you can just use DumaOS classified games!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi so after setting my xr1000 im dmz mode I've noticed all my ip addresses have changed to 10. 0.0 something is that normal I've never seen ip addresses like usually always like 194 . Something just worried I haven't set something up right?

37 minutes ago, Gkear said:

Hi so after setting my xr1000 im dmz mode I've noticed all my ip addresses have changed to 10. 0.0 something is that normal I've never seen ip addresses like usually always like 194 . Something just worried I haven't set something up right?

What do you mean by DMZ mode? Have you put it in the upstream router's DMZ? If you've put it in AP mode then it makes sense that all devices are getting a 10.0.0.x address, just means you won't be making use of DumaOS.

I had it set up with the xr1000 wired straight to the bt ont with fttp but the upload limiter in bandwidth control wouldn't work, so Fraser suggested running it through my bt smart hub 2 so now I  have the smart hub to the ont then the xr1000 wired to th smart hub with it set in dmz through bt interface with the wifi on the bt smart hub switched off then I've noticed th 10.x ip address and thought something might not be right?

9 minutes ago, Gkear said:

I had it set up with the xr1000 wired straight to the bt ont with fttp but the upload limiter in bandwidth control wouldn't work, so Fraser suggested running it through my bt smart hub 2 so now I  have the smart hub to the ont then the xr1000 wired to th smart hub with it set in dmz through bt interface with the wifi on the bt smart hub switched off then I've noticed th 10.x ip address and thought something might not be right?

I see, so the XR1000 has a 10.x WAN IP? Did you reboot the XR1000 after putting it in the BT DMZ? I'd also suggest making sure the current WAN IP is reserved for the XR1000 to make sure it doesn't change in future. Otherwise that all sounds correct!

My pc connected through lan and all devices connected to xr1000 through WiFi all have the 10.x.x ip addresses before they all had ips of 192. X.x I was worried when I saw those 10.x.x ips that I hadn't set it up correctly and that the dumb software won't work correctly?

14 minutes ago, Gkear said:

My pc connected through lan and all devices connected to xr1000 through WiFi all have the 10.x.x ip addresses before they all had ips of 192. X.x I was worried when I saw those 10.x.x ips that I hadn't set it up correctly and that the dumb software won't work correctly?

OK those devices shouldn't have 10.x IPs if the XR1000 is not in AP mode. Can you please go to routerlogin.net in your web browser and access the XR1000s interface. Then go to LAN setup in the network settings and send a screenshot over of what you see.