What traffic prioritization setting is equivalent to the old hyper traffic setting? Also list your preferred traffic prioritization setting.

@Netduma Fraser What setting would overrides the other, say, you leave dumaos classified games enabled and also enable games console, usually if settings overlap it wouldn't be allowed but in this case you can keep them both on. What is happening in that situation? If I try games console and manual ports it isn't compatible as games console already does what the manual ports does at least udp wise.

• Administrators
10 hours ago, xMako3 said:

@Netduma Fraser What setting would overrides the other, say, you leave dumaos classified games enabled and also enable games console, usually if settings overlap it wouldn't be allowed but in this case you can keep them both on. What is happening in that situation? If I try games console and manual ports it isn't compatible as games console already does what the manual ports does at least udp wise.

That's because Classified Games uses DPI to determine whether or not to prioritize packets so both can be enabled. That's right, the Games Console service uses ports and so is the same as adding ports manually basically. You don't need two different ways of prioritizing one or the other will be sufficient.

Got it, I was also wondering how games console and a manual port of 1000-65535 src dest 1-65535 TCP only could possibly interlap with games console? I was under the impression that games console prioritized only udp traffic. I could easily see a problem if I put tcp and udp or udp only but why is tcp interfering with games consoles traffic? Anyways I got my set up working very well you guys here are awesome!

13 hours ago, xMako3 said:

Got it, I was also wondering how games console and a manual port of 1000-65535 src dest 1-65535 TCP only could possibly interlap with games console? I was under the impression that games console prioritized only udp traffic. I could easily see a problem if I put tcp and udp or udp only but why is tcp interfering with games consoles traffic? Anyways I got my set up working very well you guys here are awesome!

In what way is it interfering? The games console service is purely UDP so it shouldn't cause any issues.

1 hour ago, Netduma Liam said:

In what way is it interfering? The games console service is purely UDP so it shouldn't cause any issues.

I am able to use duma os classified and games console enabled together as they don't interfere with each other. But, I can't use games console and a manual port set up of any kind tcp only, which just confused me because I was under the impression that games console service is udp traffic only. 

17 minutes ago, xMako3 said:

I am able to use duma os classified and games console enabled together as they don't interfere with each other. But, I can't use games console and a manual port set up of any kind tcp only, which just confused me because I was under the impression that games console service is udp traffic only. 

Could you provide a screenshot of these rules? What have you set the wireless type to be?

45 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Could you provide a screenshot of these rules? What have you set the wireless type to be?

Here is a picture of the rules, the duma os classified and the games console can coexist. But I can't add a rule with only games console and a manual tcp rule for some reason. 

traffic prio.PNG

25 minutes ago, xMako3 said:

Here is a picture of the rules, the duma os classified and the games console can coexist. But I can't add a rule with only games console and a manual tcp rule for some reason. 

Are you getting any error messages when you try to do this? I don't see why that wouldn't work?

19 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Are you getting any error messages when you try to do this? I don't see why that wouldn't work?

Yeah I don't quite understand it either. It says unable to install because streams overlap. I'm on a bit of an older firmware (xr300) because the latest one had nil bug issues so maybe that might be the issue. Not really sure what else it could be but I won't let it bother me. I appreciate the help though!

4 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Could you please disable the Games Console rule, then try adding your manual ports rule and see if it will let you at least add it?

That worked! I guess the manual rule can work even alongside duma os classified but not with games console. I appreciate the help!

1 hour ago, xMako3 said:

That worked! I guess the manual rule can work even alongside duma os classified but not with games console. I appreciate the help!

Great! I'll go ahead and lock this topic now then. If you need anything else, feel free to go ahead and open a new topic! :)