Internet keeps dying on router

karthik

At random times my internet will die on the Netduma R2 router. 

My modem still has internet, but for some reason my router just has no internet. This is for both wifi and ethernet.

My set up is a Arris Modem -> Netduma R2

The internet comes right back as soon as I restart the router.

IPv6 is disabled and geo filter is turned off.

The few times I took a look at the router, it simply says "No Internet".

I have gotten one other error the last time it happened, but I unfortunately didn't take a screenshot.

Something strange is for sure happening on the router side, because my modem still has fully stable internet. 

• Administrators

What is your modem model? In DHCP Settings on the router set the lease hours to 168 then reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes then connect and see if it goes longer without disconnection

9 hours ago, karthik said:

I mistyped sorry. I have the SB8200. I dont have wifi on it

Ah OK sure, thanks for letting us know.

Have you experienced another disconnection since extending the lease time and putting the R2 in the SB8200 DMZ?

9 hours ago, karthik said:

I havent put the R2 in the DMZ yet, as I can't seem to find a way to do that. I did change the lease, and am having no disconnections anymore

OK great, well if you're not getting any NAT type issues then don't worry about DMZing your R2.

Let me know if you have any further issues!

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, karthik said:

Hello,

I am still getting the same issue. Not sure what to do next

Could you confirm whether you're able to access the interface via either https://dumaos/ or 192.168.77.1 when these disconnections occur?

31 minutes ago, karthik said:

When I disconnect I can’t access the site 

Thanks for confirming.

What firmware version is the R2 currently running? 3.0.205?

Are you using PPPoE or VLAN identifiers for your internet connection? If you don't know, you probably aren't required to use them by your ISP.

As your modem is a pure modem, do you still have the old router that you used before the R2?

I’m facing the exact same issue, I can’t access the GUI either when it internet disconnects, On the latest firmware, Changed Wi-Fi channel, Changed DCHP lease time to 168, I’m using PPPoE Fibre.

Not sure if it’s a bug in the firmware as a few as now reported the issue.

😃

44 minutes ago, DUMA BOLTON said:

I’m facing the exact same issue, I can’t access the GUI either when it internet disconnects, On the latest firmware, Changed Wi-Fi channel, Changed DCHP lease time to 168, I’m using PPPoE Fibre.

Not sure if it’s a bug in the firmware as a few as now reported the issue.

😃

OK thanks for letting us know.

Could you please create a new topic and detail your issue as much as possible as well as any troubleshooting you've already performed?

5 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Thanks for confirming.

What firmware version is the R2 currently running? 3.0.205?

Are you using PPPoE or VLAN identifiers for your internet connection? If you don't know, you probably aren't required to use them by your ISP.

As your modem is a pure modem, do you still have the old router that you used before the R2?

I am using the latest firmware.

I do not know which identifier I am using. 

I don’t have my old router unfortunately. 

16 hours ago, karthik said:

I am using the latest firmware.

I do not know which identifier I am using. 

I don’t have my old router unfortunately. 

OK, just to rule it out, do you have another ethernet cable you can try between the R2 and the modem?

13 hours ago, karthik said:

I am currently on my 3rd one since this issue.

Could you please go to the three-dot menu in the top right of the interface -> Advanced -> Rapp performance -> Click the advanced tab and hover your cursor slightly higher than the "Rapp" column. You should then see a "Show kernel values" checkbox appear, please check this and then click the Memory (P) column to sort by Memory usage and send a screenshot over of the table?

10 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Could you please go to the three-dot menu in the top right of the interface -> Advanced -> Rapp performance -> Click the advanced tab and hover your cursor slightly higher than the "Rapp" column. You should then see a "Show kernel values" checkbox appear, please check this and then click the Memory (P) column to sort by Memory usage and send a screenshot over of the table?

Router stats.PNG

10 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That looks fine, when you get a disconnect again feel the underside of the router, is it really hot?

I actually felt the router the last time it disconnected, and it was really hot. I thought that was normal and didnt mention it

• Administrators
27 minutes ago, karthik said:

I actually felt the router the last time it disconnected, and it was really hot. I thought that was normal and didnt mention it

Okay so a user recently has theorised it when it hits a certain point heat wise that's when it can occur. Can you ensure you elevate the router, putting it on a surface where it can get plenty of airflow not on a carpet for example. If you have a small fan, pointing it towards the R2 can help as well. See if the issue presents after this.

53 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay so a user recently has theorised it when it hits a certain point heat wise that's when it can occur. Can you ensure you elevate the router, putting it on a surface where it can get plenty of airflow not on a carpet for example. If you have a small fan, pointing it towards the R2 can help as well. See if the issue presents after this.

Ok, I will try to elevate it