When will xr500 have auto qos ?

Ryanjcee

Hey I saw on YouTube a guy had auto qos where it went through a series of different test to help find the best download and upload speeds so bufferbloat is at a+ I was wondering when their would be a fileware update with that option maybe it will help my buffer bloat ping under load I get like 200 ms a few times when testing on dsl reports and my ping under load in connection bench mark it spikes on the upload to 100+ ms so was just wondering when that will be a option . And if anyone can help me out with this upload bufferbloat as I feel it is affecting my online gaming expirence  

Welcome to the forum!

There is an Auto-setup feature in QoS if that's what you're looking for?

Could you please share a screenshot of your connection benchmark results?

Are all devices connected to the R2 or are some also connected to the upstream router/modem?

Hi and welcome.

I don’t think it’s available for the XR500 yet but don’t worry there’s PingPlotter which will help you find the best settings. Best to use a wired connection from pc/Mac to router when running PingPlotter.

are you using the beta version of 3.0?

What is your isp speeds that you receive?

Is CC on all the time and a pic of your QoS page will help too.

What equipment is the XR500 connected too and how is it connect?

is this wired or WiFi you are seeing the spikes on.

the more info the quicker we can see why you are getting such high spikes.

I get upload spikes on the ping under load test I’m using Ethernet 300mb plan RCN internet connection . I just feel like my internet isn’t always consistent when online gaming. On dsl report I’m getting so much bufferbloat ... so when will auto qos be available for the xr500 ? 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Administrators
59 minutes ago, Ryanjcee said:

I get upload spikes on the ping under load test I’m using Ethernet 300mb plan RCN internet connection . I just feel like my internet isn’t always consistent when online gaming. On dsl report I’m getting so much bufferbloat ... so when will auto qos be available for the xr500 ? 

We're still improving upon the Benchmark results so I'd take them with a pinch of salt currently. Once Netgear gives us the okay to implement it basically and it's stable, it's a very new feature so still being improved. You can get rid of the bufferbloat by experimenting with the Congestion Control percentages and then test, change, test etc until you find what works best for you.