Netduma r1 turns on but i cant connect to it

My netduma r1 was updating yesterday and while it was updating my power went out. Now when i try to start it up it turns on with lights and everything but when i plug a Ethernet cord to it my computer wont recognize it. I tried all different things to connect to it and still nothing. I tried factory resetting it and still nothing. I pull up the ip address of 169.254 181.96 with no gateway address. I tried a static ip addresses and i still cant get in the interface. I think my netduma is corrupt. What can i do?

• Administrators

It's possible that it is corrupt unfortunately and in that situation there wouldn't be anything we can do.

However, here are some things you can try to get it back up and running, none of them are guarantees as there is no way of telling how far the router was in the upgrade process.

Set a static IP on the PC itself that is connected via ethernet to the router using this information and this guide (control panel) https://pureinfotech.com/set-static-ip-address-windows-10/
IP 192.168.88.100
Subnet 255.255.255.0
Gateway 192.168.88.1
DNS 192.168.88.1
then see if you can access using 192.168.88.1

Hold the reset button for 30 seconds, release, wait 2 minutes then try to access.

Unplug the router from power for 10 minutes, plug in, wait 2 minutes then try to access.

Is there any way i can send the hardware back to you so you could reflash the router. Because i know there are ways to reset the router but it wouldnt have duma os on it. So my question is if you can re flash the router to duma os if i sent the router back at my own expense.

9 hours ago, epiicx said:

Is there any way i can send the hardware back to you so you could reflash the router. Because i know there are ways to reset the router but it wouldnt have duma os on it. So my question is if you can re flash the router to duma os if i sent the router back at my own expense.

Have you tried Fraser's suggestion above? I can speak with the team and see if we can accommodate for anything like this, however if further damage was caused by the power outage we wouldn't really be able to do anything about it.

Yes ive tried frasers suggestion multiple times. Since the last post ive decided to just upgrade my router but im stuck between the netgear xr300 and the xr500. I already have a strong access point for wifi so idk if the xr300 would be better because of the price or the xr 500 because of the prossesor. Btw, thanks netduma team for taking the time to help me with this i really appreciate it. 

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, epiicx said:

thanks for the suggestion, i just picked up a xr500 today its amazing! im currently on 2.3.2.114 firmware, how can i get the 3.0 beta?

Great to hear that! You can find the upgrade file here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/New-Firmware-v2-3-2-120-XR500/td-p/2071196/ then access the router interface go to Settings > Administration > Firmware Update and you can upload the file there to upgrade.

i think ive found a bug on the xr500 2.3.2.120. When using the geofilter on polygon mode ive noticed that the icons dont appear when i connect to a online server like it should (server or player icon) but when i switch it back to regular mode it starts to appear again. Just thought i should share what ive noticed.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, epiicx said:

i think ive found a bug on the xr500 2.3.2.120. When using the geofilter on polygon mode ive noticed that the icons dont appear when i connect to a online server like it should (server or player icon) but when i switch it back to regular mode it starts to appear again. Just thought i should share what ive noticed.

Are you switching between radius and polygon while you're already on the game or are you doing it before you've launched the game? If the former do the latter and it should work correctly.