Cant login to router to change settings

Hi there for awhile now I havent been able to login to my XR500, it just gives me this page, it doesnt even bring up the window to login before taking me to this page like it would before

My PC and everything are connected to the XR500 and internet and everything works fine still, but for some reason i just cannot login to the router to change settings or anything, even tried from my iphone and different browsers and even a fresh windows install (unrelated to the router issue) and still just get the same page

And yes the router ip is 192.168.1.89, i changed it to that intentionally a long time ago and thats always how ive logged in, trying 192.168.1.1 doesnt work either, ive also unplugged the router and that didnt fix it either, any idea on how to fix this?

bruhwhy.PNG

2 hours ago, FourFingersOfFun said:

Hi there for awhile now I havent been able to login to my XR500, it just gives me this page, it doesnt even bring up the window to login before taking me to this page like it would before

My PC and everything are connected to the XR500 and internet and everything works fine still, but for some reason i just cannot login to the router to change settings or anything, even tried from my iphone and different browsers and even a fresh windows install (unrelated to the router issue) and still just get the same page

And yes the router ip is 192.168.1.89, i changed it to that intentionally a long time ago and thats always how ive logged in, trying 192.168.1.1 doesnt work either, ive also unplugged the router and that didnt fix it either, any idea on how to fix this?

bruhwhy.PNG

Hi!

surely what is happening is an IP conflict. You have set the range 192.168.1.x, but surely your ISP router is also using the same range, hence when you try to enter 192.168.1.1 you cannot, because in reality, your PC does not know where it is. you have to manage as there are 2 sites with the same IP to access them. Try putting the IP range 192.168.2.x in your Netgear and try accessing it through 192.168.2.1 to see if you can enter without problem.

regards!

• Administrators

Good point above, so you'll have to hold the factory reset button for 30 seconds, release then wait 2 minutes and then access. When going through the wizard again it will likely change the LAN IP to 10.0.0.1 which I assume is why you changed the IP in the first place - it cannot be 192.168.1.anything you as above 192.168.2.1 is a good option

14 hours ago, titofuenla said:

Hi!

surely what is happening is an IP conflict. You have set the range 192.168.1.x, but surely your ISP router is also using the same range, hence when you try to enter 192.168.1.1 you cannot, because in reality, your PC does not know where it is. you have to manage as there are 2 sites with the same IP to access them. Try putting the IP range 192.168.2.x in your Netgear and try accessing it through 192.168.2.1 to see if you can enter without problem.

regards!

The ISP router already uses 10.0.0.1

By default the XR500 was using 192.168.1.1, but i changed it .89 so the XR500 would always be that IP, as i have to port forward things on the ISP router, to the XR500 ip so that I can have open nat type on games like CoD and such

This setup has worked just fine for a few years now until a few weeks ago, so not sure what went wrong, really dont want to have to factory reset it but if thats my only option then i guess ill have to try it