No Servers for Destiny on Geo-Filter?

• Administrators

It looks like you enabled the Geo-Filter after the game was already on, you need to do so before you launch the game from the dashboard. If you get kicked prior to the game loading/won't find you anything but there is a blocked icon in the middle of the US you will need to allow this. It is an authentication server, it won't impact your ping but will allow you to filter the game.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It looks like you enabled the Geo-Filter after the game was already on, you need to do so before you launch the game from the dashboard. If you get kicked prior to the game loading/won't find you anything but there is a blocked icon in the middle of the US you will need to allow this. It is an authentication server, it won't impact your ping but will allow you to filter the game.

So which server do I allow? Why is Deny greyed out? Can you privately message me so we can discuss this easier?

• Administrators

You may not need to allow anything specifically but if you enable the Geo-Filter prior to launching the game you should be able to filter properly. Are you clicking on a server with a solid white circle around it? If so it's an authentication server required for online play which is why you can't deny it. We don't conduct support through PMs as it's better to do it on the forum so colleagues and other people can help out if I'm not available

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You may not need to allow anything specifically but if you enable the Geo-Filter prior to launching the game you should be able to filter properly. Are you clicking on a server with a solid white circle around it? If so it's an authentication server required for online play which is why you can't deny it. We don't conduct support through PMs as it's better to do it on the forum so colleagues and other people can help out if I'm not available

Okay, so if I set my filter around the server on the east coast it won’t use the middle server? I want to ensure it only matches on the east server. 

is there a way to block out games with players not in that area? I keep getting games with people teleporting and lagging. My ping is <40 and my connection is hard wired, with 600mpbs from 1gb supply. 

• Administrators

The middle server is required for authentication, if it is not allowed you will not be able to play online. It has NO impact on your game ping whatsoever, you can basically ignore it.

You can only filter servers not players so wherever you put your radius, if there is a server within that area that should be what you get. If your ping is fine then you should have the advantage over them