Keep getting lag and disconnect notifications

First. I'm not very tech savvy, but for a long time now I've been dealing with congestion issues. 

I looked at the system info and the log is full of error notifications

I've tried factory resets, reboots, and as of yesterday upgrading to DumaOS 3.0. Thinking it might be because of the old software version. 

I'm still getting endless error notifications in the system Info. 

I really need some help 😕

• Administrators

The log is primarily aimed at developers and therefore normal background process are mentioned there that can look like issues to a user. What congestion issues are you having exactly?

If I directly connect to my modem, I have no issues, so I know it's not that.

But when I connect to the Router I get:

Video games keep giving me disconnection notices, especially if another device is doing anything. (on both PS4, and PC)

Youtube and other media sites have long load times, render in low quality, or just flat out disconnect.

All of these issues started gradually getting worse over the past year. 

Spectrum Cable Internet Modem:  Technicolor DPC3216

Firmware version: 3.0.207

Yes I'm using the QoS and Geo Filter

Spectrum doesn't say what the speeds are, but after doing a wired modem speed test it showed 5Mbs down, 10Mbs up. 

Are any other devices connected to the ISP modem beside the R1? If you disable filtering mode in Geo-filter and fully disable QoS from the three-line menu in Congestion Control, do you still get these errors in-game? Did you factory reset after upgrading to DumaOS 3.0?

Nothing else is connected to the ISP modem. Everything is connected to the router. 

Still get the errors, and all devices keep losing connection

Yes I did a factory reset after 3.0 install. Twice. 

• Administrators

Thanks, you seem to be getting a fair amount of packet loss on the Benchmark screenshot which could be accounting for the issues you're seeing. Could you follow this guide and provide us with some of the results please? http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-how-to-test-your-internet-ping use Google so 8.8.8.8 but then also a different site as well please for a comparison

• Administrators

Interesting, so there are two ethernet cables here, one that connects the modem to the R1, and another that connects your PC to the R1 - which ethernet cable did you use for each test?

I used the cable that goes from the modem to the router. 

My pc, and ps4 are the only things hardwired. everything else in my house is wifi. and i get these errors on everything. 

• Administrators

We've ruled out the modem as being an issue and packet loss on your line, although, you wouldn't see the issue on the modem as it will be the only device you can get internet on at that time so has plenty of bandwidth.

On 5/19/2021 at 9:42 PM, SwordChux said:

If I directly connect to my modem, I have no issues, so I know it's not that.

But when I connect to the Router I get:

Video games keep giving me disconnection notices, especially if another device is doing anything. (on both PS4, and PC)

Youtube and other media sites have long load times, render in low quality, or just flat out disconnect.

All of these issues started gradually getting worse over the past year. 

How many devices do you have connected to the router and using the internet at any one time? Also what QoS settings are you using currently?

7 devices. it's rare for more than 3 things to be on at once. Usually only 1 or 2. 

right now my QoS is turned off, as you guys asked me to turn it off earlier today. (before the tests were run)

• Administrators

Are all devices connected at the same time, even if say for example they're not being used but they're on such as a phone?

If there is more than one device actively using the internet what are the generally being used for, streaming, downloading?

What QoS settings do you usually use?

We used to be able to run several devices at the same time with no problems. but as of the past year because of these issues we've started only running one to 2 things at a time. 

The 2 Roku are never used at the same time, and they're never used when The PS4, or PC are being used.

The QoS settings are set up for Gaming > Media >>>> everything else. (but they're currently turned off, as per request)

Screenshot_2021-05-22_104451.png

Screenshot_2021-05-22_105559.png

• Administrators

Re-enable QoS from the menu please, then reset distribution on Bandwidth Allocation please. Also just to make sure, download speeds are usually higher than upload as we all download more than we upload, is your download definitely lower than your upload or are they the wrong way around?

Turned on. Reset allocation distribution. 

is your download definitely lower than your upload or are they the wrong way around?

I'm not that tech savvy. I'm not sure what you mean by this, or how to check it. 

In terms of the QoS, I just mimic the distributions on download and upload. 

• Administrators
32 minutes ago, SwordChux said:

Turned on. Reset allocation distribution. 

I'm not that tech savvy. I'm not sure what you mean by this, or how to check it. 

In terms of the QoS, I just mimic the distributions on download and upload. 

Connect a device direct to the modem please then do speedtest.net test and post the results here and I can double check