VPN / wrong location

Joh

hello,

i use expressVPN with open VPN.

This VPN is a virtual server. The physical server is in the Netherlands.

I've been using this VPN for several days and in Call of Duty: Warzone I always got the correct country displayed for the geographical location.

But since this morning I no longer get the country reported, only the Netherlands.

I haven't changed anything.

I also did a DNS leak test and it was shown to me that there was such a DNS leak. is there perhaps a connection there?

thank you for any help!

• Administrators

You may just need to disconnect the VPN and then reconnect it if it's been on for days as it may have timed out. If not then use the VPN IP address and enter that into DNS settings on the router and it should work. 

Thank you!

So I restarted everything and still get the wrong location.

How can I change the DNS settings?

I hope it is clear that I am not from the netherlands. in the netherlands there is only the physical server of the virtual server.
So the VPN works kind of, but not properly...

Hello.

I have an openvpn file from express vpn.

how do i find the required information
ip, gateway and subnet mask ...

i go to the second point -> static?

thanks

Hello Joh, unfortunately I have got the same issue since yesterday and I haven't found a solution yet. The guys from express vpn told me some virtual servers are physically in the NL and that might be the reason why, but for months this never happened. I don't know what changed yesterday. Dm on instagram (lore.piro) if you want so we can update each other if we find a solution.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Lorenz said:

Hello Joh, unfortunately I have got the same issue since yesterday and I haven't found a solution yet. The guys from express vpn told me some virtual servers are physically in the NL and that might be the reason why, but for months this never happened. I don't know what changed yesterday. Dm on instagram (lore.piro) if you want so we can update each other if we find a solution.

Hey, welcome to the forum!

So they're saying it's something on their side? Are they looking into it?

Thank and hello Fraser. They told me it is not an issue related to their VPN,  we made all the tests and according to them my connection is correctly located into Egypt, it's when I connect to COD servers that it is displayed Netherlands. They are not looking into it. 

• Administrators
53 minutes ago, Lorenz said:

Thank and hello Fraser. They told me it is not an issue related to their VPN,  we made all the tests and according to them my connection is correctly located into Egypt, it's when I connect to COD servers that it is displayed Netherlands. They are not looking into it. 

Understood, likely CoD is using outdated IP data to determine the location, I doubt it will have an affect on your game experience

On 5/16/2021 at 12:06 PM, Lorenz said:

44 / 5000

Übersetzungsergebnisse

hello, have you already found a solution?

• Administrators
33 minutes ago, Joh said:

Hello,

i think the problem is with sony, they have changed something. I don't try anymore

Yeah it's nothing on our end, we just allow you to connect to the VPN - we don't alter it in any way