Hybrid VPN

Cdog77

• Administrators

No you can be with any provider as long as they support OpenVPN and can provide configuration files. If you can get these from nolag then you can paste it into the Advanced section of HybridVPN to connect

14 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

No you can be with any provider as long as they support OpenVPN and can provide configuration files. If you can get these from nolag then you can paste it into the Advanced section of HybridVPN to connect

Yeah so I downloaded a config file but how exactly do I put it in the advanced section?

• Administrators

Open the file using notepad on the PC, copy the contents then click setup on HybridVPN, click the advanced tab then enter your nolag username and password and paste the config into the box and connect

• Administrators
40 minutes ago, Cdog77 said:

Do I need to do anything with the VPN Traffic tab?

Yes you'll need to add the device you want the VPN to apply to, it does not apply to the router as a whole, leave it on Do NOT VPN these services to VPN the whole device

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, Cdog77 said:

So if I’m on Warzone on PC what should I do for the settings?? Games console??? Should I use the geo filter still as well?

Yes you can choose Games Console, it is up to you whether you want to use the Geo-Filter at the same time

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes you can choose Games Console, it is up to you whether you want to use the Geo-Filter at the same time

Everytime I try and add the service it says' unable to add service because rules overlap.

I figured it out, but is there not a way to keep my geo location from where I live. If I live in FL but vpn to canada can I still show my geo location as FL?

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Cdog77 said:

I figured it out, but is there not a way to keep my geo location from where I live. If I live in FL but vpn to canada can I still show my geo location as FL?

You can still try to filter FL yes - the in game location will show the VPN location though. You'd play on the same servers just with way more ping

• Administrators
58 minutes ago, Cdog77 said:

Is there anyway to hide the VPN?

I don't follow, could you clarify? As in, use the VPN but have the game not think you're in that location? If so no and you'd still have a high ping regardless if you use a VPN to connect to Canada

On 5/13/2021 at 11:30 AM, Cdog77 said:

I was trying to use the Hybrid VPN, but I have an account with nolag vpn. Do I need to only have an account with pure or hidemyass for it to work?

Does it work on console or are you on PC?

• 1 month later...

No lag VPN is a different VPN than most. Nolag VPN doesn't change your IP address. All it does is change your geographic location. If you do not use Geo filter alongside nolag vpn, you may get ping up to 150ms and also as low as your closest server ping. It's a toss up. If you do use geo filter with Nolag vpn, you are still showing in Canada but you'll connect to a server you pick. Because your IP address does not change, you won't experience the high ping as if you had a Canadian IP address. That's why they call it "nolag".

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, Inoculate said:

No lag VPN is a different VPN than most. Nolag VPN doesn't change your IP address. All it does is change your geographic location. If you do not use Geo filter alongside nolag vpn, you may get ping up to 150ms and also as low as your closest server ping. It's a toss up. If you do use geo filter with Nolag vpn, you are still showing in Canada but you'll connect to a server you pick. Because your IP address does not change, you won't experience the high ping as if you had a Canadian IP address. That's why they call it "nolag".

They're likely just changing the routing allowing you to connect to the game server with a more optimal route, this can decrease your ping depending but it won't change your geographical location. Could be wrong and if so would be interested to see how the whole thing worked, the website doesn't give much away in that regard

8 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

They're likely just changing the routing allowing you to connect to the game server with a more optimal route, this can decrease your ping depending but it won't change your geographical location. Could be wrong and if so would be interested to see how the whole thing worked, the website doesn't give much away in that regard

Nolag vpn only works for Warzone. If you use nolag, you can go to your account settings in the game, show your geo location and it'll be wherever you chose. Kenya, Argentina, New Zealand, Hawaii, India and so on but your Public IP doesn't change. So the game THINKS your in India so it tries to find you a game in that location. When it can't, it'll just throw you into a lobby where your IP location is. This is why you see people post things like "will this beat the sbmm in warzone, blah blah blah". Yes it works but it's not 100% sbmm proof. The idea behind it is to force the SBMM system to say "F it, we can't find a lobby that matches his skill level, throw him into any lobby' and the IP address forces you to connect to well..America or wherever your from.  So many people do it now that the lobbies are mixed with terrible skilled players and good players.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Your public IP must be changing in that scenario, I can't see how it wouldn't, have they got more information somewhere about how they do this?

This is the best I can find. I have tested it myself and my IP does not change. Interesting isn't it? 

Screenshot_20210628-173938_Chrome.jpg