This is a question for Fraser or another mod that would have a full explanation. I’ve seen information across multiple posts but I would like a clear cut response with what was done and how to do it. All I have gotten is, allow the server in the middle of the United States. After that can I place my filter in the middle of the ocean and match with anyone there (my other console)?

Also, if this works, will it work on the newest firmware? I remember before bungie updated, geo filter would not work on duma os 3.0. 

id like the whole explanation and walkthrough how to use geo filtering in destiny 2 now that a work around has been identified. 

thanks!!!!

The way Geo-filter is intended to be used with Destiny is the same as any game. You add your profile for your PC/Console, then set your radius/polygons around your local area or servers that you'd like to play on.

You then search for a game and will only every play on these servers you've selected. We're aware that the new cloud update isn't all the way there yet, we're working on it actively and will be sure to let the forum know once we've pushed a new update.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

31 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

The way Geo-filter is intended to be used with Destiny is the same as any game. You add your profile for your PC/Console, then set your radius/polygons around your local area or servers that you'd like to play on.

You then search for a game and will only every play on these servers you've selected. We're aware that the new cloud update isn't all the way there yet, we're working on it actively and will be sure to let the forum know once we've pushed a new update.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Hi Liam,

you did not answer my question. I’m aware of what a geo filter does and how. My question was around the fact that since destiny switched from p2p to servers and hiding IP, the geo filter has not worked. I am looking for the explanation on your cloud fix and how I can get it to work. 

53 minutes ago, Jayco93 said:

Hi Liam,

you did not answer my question. I’m aware of what a geo filter does and how. My question was around the fact that since destiny switched from p2p to servers and hiding IP, the geo filter has not worked. I am looking for the explanation on your cloud fix and how I can get it to work. 

The cloud update we pushed recently essentially re-categorises the Steam SDR servers in DumaOS but in a way that shouldn't conflict with other game profiles. If you're looking for a way to get lobbies on your own or just with your friends, I don't think that's going to be possible using DumaOS alone anymore.