2 Duma Type Routers?

D3mon1c

16 hours ago, D3mon1c said:

O wow I just noticed it changed again when I first made this it was 193.168.1.12 but now at the end it's 4 instead of 5 like it was earlier but even doe I just dmz'd this new IP it still isn't working

I'd suggest reserving this IP for the R1 from the Netgear Router interface. You should then need to reboot both routers before testing the NAT type again.

Nothing is helping so far I've done the R1 in dmz, upnp, port forwarding and no forwarding but it still keeps giving me bad nat types and also restarting both didn't help at all 

1 hour ago, D3mon1c said:

Nothing is helping so far I've done the R1 in dmz, upnp, port forwarding and no forwarding but it still keeps giving me bad nat types and also restarting both didn't help at all 

So it's currently showing as 'Moderate' on CoD, right? Do you have Geo-filter enabled? If so, please disable filtering mode while we're trying to work this out as it may have an affect.

• Administrators

As you've put the XR in the DMZ you're getting a double NAT, you'll need to put the Netgear in the Xfin DMZ so traffic can pass straight through to the NG and then straight through to the R1

So basically the only way I'll have an open Nat is if the R1 is hooked into a device with dmz enabled via Xfinity? I mean it makes sense but I REALLY wanted to have the consoles (Xb1 & Ps4) on seperate networks 

• Administrators

Essentially yes, the way to think of the DMZ is that it passes all traffic straight through to the device you've set so if all traffic is being passed straight through to the XR then it will be hard for the traffic to be routed correctly to the R1 hence the double NAT situation. The only way around it I would think would be if the Xfinity router had a similar feature to the NAT setting on the XR.

So basically it's between either dmz the NG then have the XR and R1 plugged into it (Cause I believe I have that nat option on it) or have the R1 hooked into the XR then 

I tried to put the R1 into the XR earlier but I don't think that panned out but what did instead was the NG idea and the routers hooked into it THOUGH I'm still surprised a router can work w/o upnp and etc but in hindsight I guess it makes sense when DMZ is involved but yeah I got us both on seperate networks just like I wanted. Appreciate the assistance 👍