R2 not connecting in Games since reset

PatBrower

19 minutes ago, PatBrower said:

Well it started acting up again.🤦🏽‍♂️ Unable to connect to host error when trying to play Warzone. It was fine for several days. So I reset my WiFi password on the R2, and turned it off for 10mins. Plugged back in & all lights come on router. Logged in on my PC, and WiFi shows connected. Pulled up the 192.168.77.1 and everything pulls up & works as normal. When I try to play in Warzone it keeps saying unable to connect to host server. Turned WiFi off for now & went to my ISP WiFi and it works fine. Just can’t get the R2 to work again on WiFi. What should I do now?

Is this now with Geo-filter enabled again? Are you still seeing the issue with it both enabled and disabled?

I reset the R2 & now it started working again on WiFi.🤦🏽‍♂️ Good thing I suppose & I’ll see if it happens again. Not sure why the reboot worked this time versus the couple times I tried yesterday.

How do I know for sure the GeoFilter is working for the area that is selected? I know I have to log on to it before opening Warzone.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, PatBrower said:

I reset the R2 & now it started working again on WiFi.🤦🏽‍♂️ Good thing I suppose & I’ll see if it happens again. Not sure why the reboot worked this time versus the couple times I tried yesterday.

How do I know for sure the GeoFilter is working for the area that is selected? I know I have to log on to it before opening Warzone.

Very odd but glad it's working. You will see an icon on the map within the area you have set and that will indicate the server is there and the Geo-Filter has forced that

11 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Very odd but glad it's working. You will see an icon on the map within the area you have set and that will indicate the server is there and the Geo-Filter has forced that

Now it’s not working again. This is to damn frustrating for what it’s worth. Now what do I do? Unable to connect to host error in Warzone. Internet works fine. If I go direct off my modem to play Warzone it works fine. Starting to get frustrated here.

• Administrators
9 hours ago, PatBrower said:

Now it’s not working again. This is to damn frustrating for what it’s worth. Now what do I do? Unable to connect to host error in Warzone. Internet works fine. If I go direct off my modem to play Warzone it works fine. Starting to get frustrated here.

There must be something blocked on the map when that message appears, where is your Geo-Filter set to currently and at what distance - better if you can provide a screenshot.

Could you please access your modem's interface and reserve the current IP address for the R2. Then take this IP and put it in the modem's DMZ. Please then reboot both routers and the game, and see if the issue still occurs.

You should also now find that your NAT type is Open.

On 5/18/2021 at 6:50 AM, Netduma Liam said:

Could you please access your modem's interface and reserve the current IP address for the R2. Then take this IP and put it in the modem's DMZ. Please then reboot both routers and the game, and see if the issue still occurs.

You should also now find that your NAT type is Open.

Did that & NAT type is still moderate & doesn’t work in Warzone.

I can understand your frustrations, using the Modem's DMZ is essentially saying that all incoming traffic should be sent to the R2 so it's strange that this isn't resulting in an Open NAT type in game. Are you also still receiving the same error in game after rebooting both the modem and the router? If you now disable filtering mode in Geo-filter and reboot the game, is it now open?

15 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

I can understand your frustrations, using the Modem's DMZ is essentially saying that all incoming traffic should be sent to the R2 so it's strange that this isn't resulting in an Open NAT type in game. Are you also still receiving the same error in game after rebooting both the modem and the router? If you now disable filtering mode in Geo-filter and reboot the game, is it now open?

Correct it won’t put me in a lobby no matter where the GeoFilter is set. It will say trying to find players, but won’t ever do anything. Or it will just say searching for a match and then unable to connect to server. Even if GeoFilter is turned off it does the same.

• Administrators

Did you use the IP address the Pace gave the R2 i.e. what was shown on the R2 System Information page or did you use the IP you use to access the R2 interface?

Can you disable the Pace firewall and UPnP settings as well please? (Don't worry the R2 has a firewall built in)

On 5/21/2021 at 11:02 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Did you use the IP address the Pace gave the R2 i.e. what was shown on the R2 System Information page or did you use the IP you use to access the R2 interface?

Can you disable the Pace firewall and UPnP settings as well please? (Don't worry the R2 has a firewall built in)

Someone would need to do that for me. I had to Google it last time & at this point I would prefer someone just set it up for me. Either that or I’m just going to give up.

On 5/21/2021 at 11:02 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Is there someone that can walk me though it or take over my computer?

9 hours ago, PatBrower said:

Is there someone that can walk me though it or take over my computer?

Unfortunately we're not able to do that currently, I'm not sure if perhaps your ISP support would be able to do this sort of thing remotely?