R2 not connecting in Games since reset

PatBrower

Recently bought an R2 & set it up without any issues, and played Warzone on it for about a week now. I'm not very techy so I'll explain the issue the best I can. Last night when trying to access the IP site to mess with the GeoFilter it would not pull anything up & kept showing it was refreshing or thinking stuck on the main screen.  After timing out it would say something about "Cannot load the Rapp, and wait a minute"... So I read through some forums & the fix seemed to be to clear the browsing cache & reset the R2 router.  I did that, and reset my computer.  Now it does pull up the IP site & geofilter all seems to be working ok.  I pulled up the internet which is shows connected & websites work fine.  When trying to play Warzone it will not connect & show "Unable to connect to the server".  I tried my xBox game chat & it won't connect to a group chat either... Almost seems like something is blocked the connection from working?... I'm lost as to where to go with it now.

Also my sons Xbox won't connect to the R2 via wifi since the reset.

I'm not a big tech person so sorry if the description isn't the best. lol

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Are you seeing anything blocked on the Geo-Filter when that happens? What are your Geo-Filter settings?

For your sons Xbox, have you reconnected it using the new WiFi details you set in the setup wizard?

I don't see anything blocked on GeoFilter & it appears to be working ok.  I seen where you had replied to someone on this forum with a similar issue stating to change the Device Manager to playstation being I'm on PC. So I did that.  What did you mean by GeoFilter settings or what should I check?...

His Xbox was setup to the R2 wifi & working good prior to the reset of the R2.  Now after the reset it won't connect.  Unless I need to change something after the rest I'm not aware of?

• Administrators

If you provide a screenshot of the entire Geo-Filter I can take a look at what your settings are. Is the WiFi password the same as it was prior to the reset? Is it using the default password?

I will take a pic when I get home of the Geo-Filter & settings for you.  Yeah I didn't change the WiFi password at all after the reset.  Just using the same default password that came with the R2.

Thanks!

• Administrators

I'd recommend changing the password and then trying to reconnect. It's possible you may need to use the password conversion method detailed here otherwise to get it to connect http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000117883-i-ve-received-the-r2-but-the-wifi-password-doesn-t-work

When I put in the password conversion like you said above it did work, and then it would putt up the R2 interface. Still showing no internet connection though.

I do run Ethernet plug in from wall to R2 & then Wall to my PC. But connection is green, and it worked good before the last reset.

The internet also works good when connecting to the Modem versus the R2.

10 hours ago, PatBrower said:

Never mind & acting up again. Now what? Keep getting unable to connect to the sever in Warzone.

That's interesting, and you're still not seeing anything as blocked in Geo-filter? If you disable filtering mode, are you then able to connect to a server?

So what I did was hook my Ethernet cable from the wall plug direct to the modem versus to the R2 router. Because my modem is downstairs & PC upstairs instead of running a Cable I have Netgear Ethernet wall plugs up & downstairs. Now I have it working through R2 WiFi on my PC versus the Ethernet connection. It seems good now & actually jumped my FPS in Warzone to double what I was getting. Assuming that the Ethernet connection isn’t working due to a firewall or something...

On 5/7/2021 at 10:11 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Ahh well done on figuring it out, let us know how you get on!

Well it started acting up again.🤦🏽‍♂️ Unable to connect to host error when trying to play Warzone. It was fine for several days. So I reset my WiFi password on the R2, and turned it off for 10mins. Plugged back in & all lights come on router. Logged in on my PC, and WiFi shows connected. Pulled up the 192.168.77.1 and everything pulls up & works as normal. When I try to play in Warzone it keeps saying unable to connect to host server. Turned WiFi off for now & went to my ISP WiFi and it works fine. Just can’t get the R2 to work again on WiFi. What should I do now?