Friend with Moderate nat type

Bcobz

So i have an open nat and play with another friend with an open nat. my kd is 2,2 and his is 2.45. However when i play with another firend of mine who has a moderate Nat i feel like the games are harder than when im playing with my other friend with the 2.45 kd. 

Does his moderate nat type affect lobbies we connect to? or does my connection get worse?

Thanks

On 5/3/2021 at 5:06 AM, Bcobz said:

So i have an open nat and play with another friend with an open nat. my kd is 2,2 and his is 2.45. However when i play with another firend of mine who has a moderate Nat i feel like the games are harder than when im playing with my other friend with the 2.45 kd. 

Does his moderate nat type affect lobbies we connect to? or does my connection get worse?

Thanks

NAT type may well have an affect here, it will likely increase your search times too. Are you hosting the lobby with both friends that you're playing with or is your friend hosting? Are both of your friends located within similar distances to you?

Im usually the host since i can use the ping assist feat. on the dumski.  I have open nat, great internet, and the duma perks. Usually play with my friend with open nat who is on pc (we can refer to him as Player1) and player 2 has moderate nat and uses a mesh network. He owns a cyber security company here in San Diego CA. 

When player1 and i play we usually don't have any issues with connection. However, when we load in with myself P1 and P2, P1 has issues and I my have some packet loss. We feel maybe because his nat is Moderate could be causing the issue. 

Also, the lobbies seem harder and we feel that it's because its his nat type as well. Not sure but just our thoughts.

THanks, 

• Administrators

I mean really it shouldn't cause a problem as you will all be connecting directly to the server. As servers are usually clustered in one location e.g. CA could have 10 servers for the area then its possible they have servers that facilitate different NAT types but that's a stretch as I don't see why that would be needed. Have a look on the Geo-Filter when you play with Player 1, note down the domain names/IPs, do you generally get the same ones? When playing with Player 2, do the same, are they the same servers or are they different? If they're different then it could indicate that the moderate NAT might be making a difference. When P2 plays is it always the 3 of you or do you and P2 ever play together? If so what are those games like? It could also be that as you'll be a team of 3 that you're getting matched up with other pre-made teams who presumably game together a lot and are quite good.