Virgin Media Query

To all, Virgin Media subscribers, has purchasing a NetDuma Router helped lower your latency issues with the Superhub? I’m thinking of buying a Netgear XR1000 but don’t know if it will be a waste of money. 

3 hours ago, NoMadMatt said:

To all, Virgin Media subscribers, has purchasing a NetDuma Router helped lower your latency issues with the Superhub? I’m thinking of buying a Netgear XR1000 but don’t know if it will be a waste of money. 

I was on VM when I bought my Netduma R1 back in 2017 and yes it really helped with the ping spikes that cable internet tends to give you.

3 hours ago, NoMadMatt said:

Hi, are you the poster from Reddit? 
welcome aboard 👍

• Administrators

Under what circumstances was the test done - were you connected via WiFi/ethernet? Were there any other devices connected at the time and were they using the internet? 

I looks really busy even in the early hours but that could be your isp equipment. Is this the puma 6 chipset?

As it’s a test that sits in the background you can see the spikes and the dropped packets at 10pm. I can guarantee with Duma you can smooth that out but the base latency may remain depending on if it’s a characteristic of the Virgin hub.

Here’s an old test I did on my line and duma that controls your system should prevent those spikes and pack loss on your line easily.

56CF60B1-2CEB-4494-81D0-A8B4010E94B8.jpeg