Netduma restarting upon loading web interface

El Jamie

Hi all,

so I’ve been using my Netduma R1 to use a VPN on my PlayStation which has been working amazingly up until today.

I switched to a LAN cable after using WiFi since I got the router to connect to the PS4 directly from the R1. It allows me to access the interface only if I connect the LAN cable to my computer.

if I attempt to connect to the web page via wifi, my netduma will endlessly reboot.

it is connected to the wall socket, it has been completely factory resetted multiple times by both the interface through LAN and the pinhole on the router. Nothing works?

Update: when I unplug the second LAN cable (not PoE but the connection to a different device) and connect via WiFi, it works.

also note that the VPN doesn’t work when connected directly to ps4 with LAN cable.

• Administrators

Just to clarify, any device you try to connect to WiFi was causing it to reboot?

The PS4 likely shows as two different devices - one for WiFi - one for ethernet - so you'll need to check the Device Manager to check which one is which and make sure you select the right one on the VPN.

• 1 month later...
On 4/27/2021 at 3:59 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Just to clarify, any device you try to connect to WiFi was causing it to reboot?

The PS4 likely shows as two different devices - one for WiFi - one for ethernet - so you'll need to check the Device Manager to check which one is which and make sure you select the right one on the VPN.

Sorry, yes you are right. Any device I connect to the wifi will reboot my router.

10 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Is the router definitely rebooting, i.e are all devices losing internet and the R1 makes an audible 'beep'? Or are you unable to access the interface but devices remain connected?

No, it is an audible beep, full reset. And then until its wireless, it will continue doing so.

8 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What is your current R1 firmware version? Is the router connected to a power extender or direct to a wall outlet?

Its the latest version, upgraded yesterday and is connecte directly to a wall outlet

14 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

After the reset do you change any options or is it all default when the issue happens?

I leave everything to default as I would not be able to change it, as soon as I enter the 192.168.88.1 interface it would reboot again.