Need Help with Double NAT (Xbox series X and Xbox one X )

R3M!X

Long story short my ISP doesn't support bridge mode on their provided modem/router combo unit even though there is that option to put the unit into "transparent bridge" mode. I have followed the steps on  here to put the consoles and R1 into the ISP provided unit in the DMZ. That still gives me double NAT on the wireless connected Xbox one X and wired Xbox series X. When I try to put the provided ISP modem to "transparent bridge" mode I have no internet connection at all. Can anyone with some knowledgeable experience assist me on this issue?

My provided ISP modem/router combo unit : ARRIS NVG448B 

My router : Netduma R1 OS FW 2.1.3.292.1.3.29.1.3.29

• Administrators

If you take a look at the internet/WAN setup on the Arris does it have any details about the connection such as whether it is using PPPoE, VLAN etc? It may be you require one of these to be used in the R1 (hopefully not VLAN) to get a connection with it in bridge mode. You mention you put the consoles in the DMZ? What IP address specifically did you put in the Arris DMZ? You'll need to use the one from the R1 System Information page to successfully prevent a double NAT

Vor 16 Stunden sagte R3M! X:

Kurz gesagt, mein ISP gehört den Bridge-Modus auf dem mitgelieferten Modem / Router-Kombinationsgerät nicht, obwohl es diese Option gibt, das Gerät in der "transparenten Bridge" -Modus zu versetzen. Ich habe die hier verlorenlichen Schritte verloren, um die Konsolen und R1 in der vom ISP bereitstehenden Einheit in der DMZ zu gehört. Das gibt mir immer noch doppeltes NAT auf der drahtlosen Verbindung Xbox one X und der kabelgebundenen Xbox-Serie X. Kann mir jemand mit sachkundiger Erfahrung in dieser Lösung behilflich sein?

Meine mitgelieferte ISP-Modem / Router-Kombinationseinheit: ARRIS NVG448B 

Mein Router: Netduma R1 OS FW 2.1.3.29 2.1.3.29.1.3.29

I have the same problem, the NAT TYPE (PS4) stays with me on TYPE2 (moderate). I activated the DMZ, with the WAN IP from the gaming modem. Manually opened the ports everything that is described in the forum, but it does not work. Static IP given for my normal modem, IP of my gaming router). Everything didn't work out. Still NAT type 2 unfortunately.

image.png.49989b85ef5cf820f67bc25bd7575637.png

Edited by GunSmokeAUT

12 hours ago, R3M!X said:

I've tried the R1 WAN and also the Xbox on the DMZ. 

I would suggest doing only the R1s WAN IP in the Arris DMZ for now. Have you setup any other port forwarding rules? If so could you please temporarily disable these.

3 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

I would suggest doing only the R1s WAN IP in the Arris DMZ for now. Have you setup any other port forwarding rules? If so could you please temporarily disable these.

I started from scratch again and apparently I missed one step last time I put the R1 on the modems DMZ.  That step was rebooting both R1 and modern. That seemed to fix it and now I have an open NAT. Will monitor it for another day and see if the issue comes back. Thanks for all the help guys!!

41 minutes ago, R3M!X said:

I started from scratch again and apparently I missed one step last time I put the R1 on the modems DMZ.  That step was rebooting both R1 and modern. That seemed to fix it and now I have an open NAT. Will monitor it for another day and see if the issue comes back. Thanks for all the help guys!!

Sweet, nice work! Let us know if you need anything else.